Been given HRT!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got my blood test back yesterday and doctor rang me today my FSH is through the roof and she has indicated I'm post menopausal which I don't believe as I had a bleed begining of the year after not having one for 6 months but nothing since the reason she wanted me to go onto HRT was hot flushes really bad insomnia and mood swings. I have been put on Kliofem have any of you lovely lady's been on this or heard about it?

Karen

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am post menopausal i am on HRT, i have not heard of Kliofem is it HRT?
    • Posted

Yes it is HRT its 2mg Estradiol and 1mg norethisterone 1tablet a day no breaks. What are you on and did you have side affects when you started them? And what time of day do you take your? 

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen Its 2mg Estradiol (oestragen) & 5mg progesterone (Indivina) no breaks, i take them mornings @ 9am. You have to be 3 years clear of a period to be on these. I was on different ones to start with have had them changed a few times in the last 7 years. My symptoms came back anxiety sweats poor sleep poor appetite .These seem to keep my symptoms under control. Quality of life is so important. 

• Posted

Yes, I was given Kliofem - worked very well for the flushes and night sweats but I decided to stop taking it when I started to bleed again (after two years of no periods) and the cysts I had started growing again.

The cysts have all but gone but the flushes are back.😢 They are not as bad since I started using sage leaf supplements.

• Posted

Hi bobbysgirl, Thank you for your reply can I ask did you get many side affects when you first started on it?

Karen

• Posted

To be honest I can't remember any side effects, just blessed relief from the hot flushes and joint pains. It was so nice to get a good nights sleep again.

But after about three months I started bleeding and decided to stop taking them.

I hope you have more luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.