Been having chest pains and palpitations for past 4 months any ideas?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any Ideas?

I've been getting palpitations, shortness of breath and passing out for the past 4 months. I'm 21 years of age and before this, was getting ready for the army and was extremely healthy... Running 9 miles a day.

It started walking my dog as to which I noticed my heart all of a sudden beating irregularly and skipping beats, I could barely breathe and tried speaking to myself to calm myself down (if you can speak you aren't short of breath) I couldn't get a world out and I just collapsed. Think I was only out for 30 seconds and my dog was petrified, after that I got my cousin to meet me and walk home with me as to which I went to hospital.

It come on in my girlfriend's house all of a sudden in the kitchen my heart rate was like 150+ plus and quite irregular, due to my otherwise healthy self we called an ambulance and it felt as if my heart was going to stop.

I've been extremely bad the past 4 months to the point where I cannot exercise, even just walking up the stairs I feel my heart trying to escape my chest and it takes me a solid 20 minutes deep breathing to calm it down.

I've had numerous ECG's and blood tests as to which most were clear but I've had a few abnormal ECG's back.

Any ideas or anything I can do to help? I was prescribed propranolol but it put my heart rate at 50BPM so I was advised to stop. However, I'm seriously considering starting again.

I'll also note that as far as I'm aware there's no history of sudden death in my family or any inherited heart diseases that I know of.

I'm having to wait 3 months for a cardiologist phone call when I'm calling ambulance around 3 times a week.

Thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.