Been having Funky Spells on and off for 9 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was normal till September of 2005 and in June of 2005 i had a emergency csection and have had problems ever since. It start where i would get tingly all over and i would hurt in my chest and my stomach and i had knots in my chest so i would think it was hurt related well 2006 had my gallbladder out and had ekg after ekg all being normal i had stress test which was normal i had scope ran up and down all normal except gerd. In 2007 had hysterectomy still about every so often i would get funky feeling while driving my chest would have a warmth like on inside i would feel like face was hot and feell like i was gonna pass out so i would pull over. Would go to ER and be sent home that it was anxiety. In 2008 i went to ent and had sinus surgery due to deviated septum and so they fixed that and cleaned out sinuses. Well it was a little better for a little while. But still every few months or weeks i would have funky spell. And then this year i have already had these funky spells several months and it can last days or weeks i have fluid in ear but no ear infection so i was put on a z pack and steroids for a week then been somewhat better for few days but now anxiety is high and i just want to be normal again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you've been through a lot over the last 9 years! You mentioned feeling funky but that’s a pretty broad description and doesn’t really help others compare similar symptoms/experiences. Since you’re on the vertigo forum, I’m assuming your funky feeling is dizziness and balance related? If so, I would suggest you see an ENT or neurologist if you haven’t already. They are several forms of vertigo that can cause what you’re experiencing but there are also causes that are not related to vertigo that could be causing them as well. Narrowing it down to a vestibular disorder or not is important. Check out VEDA’s website for more information about different types of vertigo and see if anything matches what you’re experiencing. Then talk to a doctor. Since you’ve gone through a lot of surgeries over the years they could very well be a link to what’s happening. It wouldn’t hurt to ask your doctor to check your thyroid levels and vitamin d levels too. Sometimes having just the simplest imbalance in your system can cause your body to react whenever it’s facing stress. Let us know how your making out. We're here to support you.    
  • Posted

Well my funky spells are i get hot all over (almost kinda like when they do ct scan and give you that stuff that makes you feel like your peeing and your not) doesn't last very long and i get all dizzy and lightheadedness everything gets blury then its over except the anxiety cause i get scared. I am just tired of this they gave me paxil back in like 2009 cause after two halter monitors and things like thst and nothing showed up ao they said anxiety well i don't feel as though it was that till i would have funky spell. I tapered off paxil about 2 years ago and started prozac and don't know that it helps with anxiety either. I just wish i knew what was going on. I also started on metformin month and half ago and sometimes low blood sugars can make me feel weird so i don't know if that has anything to do with it or not its just weird how i had gestational diabetes with my last baby and also pushed for over 2 freaking hours and then had to have emergency c-section. So i wonder sometimes if maybe ptsd from such hard labor i don't know. But i get frustrated because no one understands the way i feel cause they have never felt funky like that. 
  • Posted

I hear you on the rough labor. I was in labor for 23 hours with my first and had pushed for 4 and half hours on top of it. Thankfully I didn't get a c-section but I was litterly 1 push away from one. I'm not an expert but, maybe you should follow up with your doctor on the low blood sugar levels? Since you have a history related to it along withing mulitpble surgeries. You may have anxiety related problems as well but something else caused you to start feeling this way. Good luck and I hope you find the answers your looking for!
  • Posted

Well i went to ER a week ago in different town and they said i have vertigo and fluid behind ears but no ear infection. And they gave me meklazine and some valium and afrin been doing those for a week and as long as i take them its not real bad if i miss any i am way dizzy. I go to ENT on the 23rd and hopefully will find out something. I am tired of this vertigo dizzy. 
  • Posted

Glad your getting some releif with the medication but hopfully the ENT at the end of the month can help you get to the root of the problem. Let us know how you make out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.