Been having regular chest pains and I feel it's something serious

Posted , 1 user is following.

In early Jan, I was in bed and out of nowhere it felt like someone was squeezing and pulling my heart, it was awful and I truly thought (or think still) that I was having a heart attack. I'm 17 btw. My mom was able to quickly give me warm water with cayenne pepper to open up the arteries and it worked fairly quickly. It lasted maybe 5mins. After that the pain would come and go in waves with nothing prompting it. It wasn't and hasn't been as intense as the 1st time. I went to the doctor a few days later but after doing a general check, just said it was probably a severe anxiety attack. I've had anxiety for years but I have never had an attack like that and the pain that comes every other day doesn't feel like my usual anxiety attacks.

Since then, nearly everyday I get similar pain in the same areas (towards middle of chest, sort of shaped like a butterfly, I'll attack a picture)image

I've also since been having pain throughout my left side of my body (mainly leg and forearm), painful swelling in my legs and (mostly)ankles and wrists, and my hair has been getting thinner even though my diet (relatively healthy) and hair products have not changed.

Another thing that I doubt is related, I get frequent UTI's (had 8 last year) as well as lower abdominal and pelvis pain regularly when I'm not menstruating (also quite irregular, long, and heavy). I also have scoliosis and scheuermanns disease and gives me a ton of back ache.

It's a lot for just a forum I know, but I'm not allowed to go to the doctor and get tests or medication due to my mothers strong religious beliefs even though I truly feel there's a problem that caused this domino effect to happen simultaneously and tenfold all in a span of 5 months. I have many other issues (mental and physical) that is too long to get into, but if it's needed then I will provide it if it helps give an idea of what this all is. I'm not looking for a proper diagnosis on here, I just want reassurance that I'm not crazy for thinking this is something other than anxiety --though I wouldn't be surprised -- and if I should (when possible) just somehow sneak myself to the doctor for any help. I've had instances where doctors don't believe my pain that's stopped me from trying... i think it's because i immediately research something that doesn't feel right or that i have a whole list of things wrong with me on my phone so i can keep track when i eventually do see a doctor... i don't know....

any response would be appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.