Been having weird medical problems for months that are getting worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

I've never really done this before, but at this point I'm desperate and hoping for some kind of clues or help because I'm scared out of my mind at what my body is doing. I'm not even sure where to post this.

I'm a 27 year old female that's been continuously sick for over three months now and I just keep being more symptoms and getting worse. It started with stomach problems, every time I ate I got nauseous and my chest would feel tight like I'm having anxiety, then from there other things starting popping up: I keep having this feeling of light headiness/ disorientation, some times its so bad the room rocks and doesn't stay in place when I'm walking. My entire body feels slight numb and is weak/ heavy feeling, some times it even aches and I don't feel steady on my feet anymore. The newest thing is that everything I put in my mouth tastes like metal.

I have Kaiser for insurance and it has not been going well. At first they were willing to look into it - ran a bunch of blood and urine test for everything under the sun but everything came back normal. When that happened they started blaming everything on my anxiety disorder which I've had for years. I would have believe them, but none of the medications they've given me are helping ad I'm just getting worse and worse as time goes on. Now they don't want to hardly test me for anything except things they already looked at. I've tried CBD oil but nothings really come of it either.

Has anyone every exasperated any of this? I'm just look for answers because it's getting harder and harder to live my life and I really want to feel better. Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

i have very similar issues as you. im a 26 year old female. do u have shortness of breath also? everyone tells me its anxiety but its hard to believe.if you want, private message me!

• Posted

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I have had similar things over the past 3.5 years that I am just now finding answers to! I am hoping that with my experiences maybe I can help you. Can you tell me what tests you have done? Have you been tested for Lyme Disease? Have you had your thyroid levels tested?

• Posted

i had similar issues to her as well. i had my thyroid levels checked and everything was fine in that respect. i havent got checked for lyme disease but i didnt have a rash so that didnt come to mind.

• Posted

for some reason it looks like our comments were deleted somehow? Did you see the link I sent you yesterday?

• Posted

Can you tell me the tests you have had done? What triggers your symptoms? Do you have any issues while driving?

• Posted

I would have to pull record to see exactly whats been done but my kidneys, and liver were checked, I had a full CBC, I've been tested repeated for all types of Diabetes. My Thyroid has been check and I know I've been tested for a handful of auto immune disease and fatigue illnesses.

I don't really know what triggered my symptoms. I've had gut issues for years, i got really bad acid reflex at one point but it got better about 8 months ago, then I went on vacation for a week in California and about a week after I got back i started getting sick with all of this and it's just gotten worse and worse. The only other thing that happened in the last year is I got my second tattoo, but nothing bad happened when I got my first one so it seem weird that it would be that.

I haven't really had issues while driving thankfully.

I'm not sure if this is connected but since this had been going on I've been having weird points of an almost allergic reaction. My eye lids have swell shut three times and my left palm has gotten inflamed twice. I can't find any reason that causes it as they happen randomly and I normally wake up with them.

• Posted

Is there any way you could be pregnant? Have you tested yourself? Sickness for 3 months and strange taste in your mouth that is my first thought.

• Posted

Even though there was no chance I could be I was tested. Negative. So no, on that.

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like a food intolerance. If not dealt with, food intolerances can give some pretty nasty symptoms

• Posted

As none of your tests have shown anything,then maybe Josh is near the truth and its an intolerance or allergy to something in your diet.Can you pinpoint anything you have introduced into your diet just before the sickness started?

The most common things are gluten and anything with cows milk in but it can be something like a spice or additive. If you are taking any OTC medication,try stopping that as well.

Try keeping a food diary, listing absolutely everything you eat. You will have to look at all the ingredients on prepared food as well. Also list the times and days when the problems occur. You may see a pattern emerging.

It's well worth the effort if you can identify the culprit..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.