Been ill for 2 months symptoms are like HIV but negative tests

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I’ll try to be as detailed as I can in early December and late December I had protected sex and oral with two sexual workers while I had an open burn wound on my leg from an injury from hot water about 2 days after the second encounter which was just after New Year’s Day I had fever, body shakes, sore throat, sore eyes, sores in corner of mouth, tight chest , black mucus from nose, redness under nose , spots on chest and back can be itchy and a rash that disappeared and a strange smell from nose, I’ve been tested 2,4,6 weeks through the 4th generation blood test and all have been negative to date this is 9 weeks post exposure I still have the dryness round the mouth a sore throat which had white stuff on it that cleared, blood and black mucus out of nose, blocked ears, I had dryness round ears that early on caused me pain and dryness but it has improved slightly, the itchy mess around the body can come and go with some random bruises and I have shortness of breath even if I’m just doing light exercise or walking and also my neck is swollen and I think the saliva glands are swollen. The throat was hoarse for a good 4 weeks or so before clearing and also I’ve had mouth ulcers that come and go. I work as a windscreen Technician I’m a non smoker don’t do drugs or anything harmful and I don’t drink alcohol a lot either. Ive also had stomach pains and cramps and diahorea which comes and goes, since the start where I had flu like symptoms which lasted a few weeks I’ve had gastro tablets, amoxcillian, and crepes for the sores but nothing’s worked I take vitamins but I don’t think they hamper the test results and the doctors I go to for the tests won’t do no more till 12 weeks and are adamant it’s not HIV and that the tests would of picked it up in the 6 weeks I guess I’m just looking for answers and what’s chance of a false negative after 6 weeks with these symptoms and what other Liness could it be.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Let me break down the anxiety you might be going though.

Swollen saliva glans - something to look into with a dentist

Sores in the mouth - most likely “canker sore” do to stress or weak immune system.

Blood in nose - means you breath often with the nose at night rather then mouth

Driness on or around body with rash  - dehydration  & weak immune system

Dark snot in nostril - work related (environment or exhaustion) weak immune system.

Sore throat & fly like symptoms - it’s winter time ( my guess you live in the US) real cold.

You should relax ingest a lot of healthy and dietary foods with b12, amino acids and tons of iron and don’t think about it until the next scheduled appointment. 

Doctors do know a thing or to about symptoms related since they see them more often then we ever experience them. 

• Posted

Don't worry, not HIV, HIV need at least 6 months to develop the first symptom.

Base on the symptom, you are infected by bacteria. Get your blood and urine and penis tested for STD.

• Posted

I forgot to mention I’ve been tested for other stds other then hiv they were all negative from 6 weeks to only one I’ve not been tested for is herpes but you have to test for that privately and I don’t have any visible cold sores 
  • Posted

Have you had blood tests done? If so what were the results? 

You say you got tested for other std’s does that include Herpes?

• Posted

By blood test I mean CBC, were there any abnormalities in re to white blood count, lymph count etc? 

Could potentially have contracted some type of bacterial or viral infection which has caused an autoimmune disorder. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.