Been ill for a month now. Need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a month now I have been feeling constantly tiered,thirsty and urinating alot and headaches. The symptoms reside a bit when I don't eat any carbs but I still feel lethargic then. I had a hba1c done and it was 43 and the doctor told me to exercise more even though I am very skinny and do swimming every week. The symptoms are still there and don't seem to be going and it is contributing to my lack of sleep. I am 16 and want to know if there is anything I can do to alleviate the symptoms?

Would appreciate anything!!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did Dr actually say you were diabetic? If this test you mention has been done and Dr has not said you are diabetic then I would doubt if you were.

You say you are very skinny, are you actually underweight and do you know what your Body  Mass Index is?You can calculate this online.

Hope this helps

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

My BMI is 20 and the doctor said it is a bit high but nothing to worry about. Isn't a HBa1c of 43 prediabetic?

• Posted

H1C 43?  Is that a European reading? In the US that's supposed to be under 7!

?What about your current blood glucose reading?  

?Get your hands on a meter ASAP, maybe you can borrow one or have it done at the drug store or something.  Or did the doctor check that along with the H1C?

?You don't want to stop eating carbs entirely, that would make anybody lethargic!  But look into diabetic diets, avoiding sugar and white bread, that could help.

?I think the best plan would be to revisit the doctor, maybe a different doctor.

• Posted

Tested my blood sugar yesterday 2 hours after eating and it was 17.5. And I did wash my hands several times.

Tested this morning after waking up and it was 7.8.

Are these numbers okay?

• Posted

What did you eat 2 hours before testing your blood sugar which was 17.5?

I think this is a bit high.

Also 7.8 before you have eaten anything. Acceptable but do not let it get much higher than this.

Sarah

• Posted

I ate a a small bowl of rice and chicken and drank water. Should I be concerned about it?

My blood sugars today have been around 11 which now thinking about it is high. I am running out of strips but do you think the I should go back to the doctor?

Thank you

• Posted

Yes yes are right- Go back to the doctor and consider a second medical opinion as well
  • Posted

I had a similar situation a year ago- I started drinking a glass of water before each meal and it is helping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.