been in and out of Afib for 3 days

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone ,I have been in and out of Afib for 3 days its lasting 7/8 hours at a time without much respite blood perssure is 97/60 pulse 75 I haven;t had an attack since April even then it only lasted a few hours so this is a bit of a shock any advice welcome.

L x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Try to think of anything out of the ordinary that might have triggered the af.

I get about 1 episode a month lasting up to 2 days and can be triggered by alcohol, over-exercise or tiredness.

• Posted

Hi Marco,

Pretty sure have found the trigger 2 weeks ago I was told I had early onset Parkinson's disease, I am certain the meds prescribed set off the Afib looked at information leaflet and it says can cause palpitations slow or fast heart rate and low blood pressure, so chucking them in the bin, why don't they look at what you already have and what you are taking before they prescribe new things,I told the consultant I had Afib and what meds I was already on must have gone in one ear and out the other. like my husband often says go to the doctor he will give you a pill that will probably make you ill !!!!!!!!

L x

• Posted

Hi Linda, Your blood pressure is very low. I would advise you to seek medical advice as soon as you can.

Good luck

Gwen xx

• Posted

Hi Gwen thanks for replying no sooner had i written to you all and it popped back up to 115/62

L x

• Posted

My BP and Pulse figures when in AF can be similar to Linda's, though not every time.

But I would advise Linda to see a doctor when possible. I certainly can't guess at what has triggered these AF bouts - I don't think I have ever had two bouts within less than three days.

• Posted

Hi Linda, I to  have had this for the past week or two so can sympathise , i get 2or 3 days of this feel totaly wiped out with it and dont know what to do with myself then its suddenly gone . Saturday had a lovely day felt like my old self but today its back with a vengeange . I think mine is a lot to do with tiredness as do not sleep at all well go of ok then after a few hours wake up and cant get of  again, so that makes me anxious . Best Wishes April xx
    • Posted

Hi April,

sorry to hear you are also suffering blooming Afib is a pain and as you say so debilitating.

Hope you feel better soon.

L x

• Posted

Hiya. Are your pulse and bp your "normal" or your afib levels? My bp (thankfully) remains within normal levels, but my pulse can vary from 54-115 within minutes when Im in an episode. As marco says, being tired too can influence. My latest trigger is sausages! Also, overheating as i discovered during the last warm weather spell - need to keep very well hydrated. My last 'sausage' related episodes have lasted 7-10 hrs.

• Posted

never had High BP in my life always on the low side and the bisoporol brought it down even more but it usually hovers around 110/65 my pulse on theother hand when in Afib is up and down like yoyo usually between 58-98 at one time over the weekend it was down at 41 was just about to seek help when it flipped back up to 69

Lx

• Posted

Thanks Linda,

Every bp control med. I've taken comes with a warning that they may cause palpitations. Palpitations to me is af but it sounds so much less serious on the med. data sheet. I'm sure bp meds are a factor as I didn't have af before starting .them.

I've changed my bp meds quite a bit to find one that causes minimum af and am on 2.5mg Bisoprolol at present.

As for doctors maybe we're seeing the same ones.

• Posted

Hi Linda, i'm definitely with your husband on the comment about the doctor these days they just let your complaints regarding atrial fib go in one ear and out the other and always want to push pills on you which I will not take. I think if they had atrial fib they may be more sympathetic if you will .my cardiologist he doesn't hear anything I'm saying I have wore a monitor six different times so he can treat what I feel we all know our body and what we feel is real.I do take a beta blocker which makes my already low blood pressure  lower.I was diagnosed with atrial fib two years ago.and now I've been having pauses and until my heart kicks back in gear I feel like I'm gonna faint and he wants me to wear the monitor again so he can see  on the monitor tape . it's a 30 day monitor I've had it on now for two weeks and of course I'm not having any pauses  but like last time as soon as I send it back I'll get them it's so frustrating all these issues with the thing that keeps you alive .I wish you luck and I'm sorry you're going through that but you're definitely on the right site. God bless you

• Posted

Hi Diana,

How right you are I don't know where I would be wthout the support from this site, I am not getting any from anywhere else, as you say they should be put in to Afib in some safe way for an hour so they know what its like then they would perhaps be more sympathetic, we can all empathise with people with different conditions but if you have never had it you don't really know.I haven't seen my cardiologist for 2 years, and the electro chap I was under has left the trust I haven't seen the new one all I keep getting is letters cancelling App by the time I get back it will be 18 months. the GP I spoke to about this last episode just said as long as you are taking your meds and your pulse doesn't go over 120 or higher  you will have to put up with it. or up your beta blocker like you I always had low blood pressure and the 1.25 beta blocker I am on lowers it even further I would be out for the count if I doubled it. I bettter not say what I am thinking for fear of incriminating myself but I bet you can guess.

thanks for being there Linda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.