Been in pain for two days now suffer from ibs but I think I am having diverticulitis pain and i

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm confused by what liquid diet I should begin when looking online some say have a high in fibre liquid diet and others low in fiber.

Also is it safe to use lactulose or silicolgel to relive constipation

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

liquid diet for no more than 3 days. Water, tea, broth (you can make bone marrow broth which is rich in nutrients and vitamins). After that Google soft diet for diverticulitis. Once you feel a little better SLOWLY introduce fiber in your diet. Yes you can take Milk of magnesium for the constipation.

• Posted

liquid diet for no more than 3 days. Water, tea, broth (you can make bone marrow broth which is rich in nutrients and vitamins). After that Google soft diet for diverticulitis. Once you feel a little better SLOWLY introduce fiber in your diet. Yes you can take Milk of magnesium for the constipation.

• Posted

I think you'll find that high fibre and low fibre refers to food, not liquid. A liquid diet is things like tea, coffee, water, clear soup, broth. For a bit more substance, when you are feeling a bit better, it can be home made blended soup, or a meal replacement drink. High fibre food means not broken down (t comes out the same way it goes in, like corn, skins). Low fibre food includes things like mash, steamed fish, boiled white rice. But Google will give you lists.

I think some people are prescribed to relieve constipation, but I'm not one of those (the opposite!!) so can't comment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.