been lightheaded for over a month also been to hospital details In post

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have had missing beats in my heart for years they come and go but when they happen it feels like for a few seconds my heart is empty like a void is their.

The new symptoms I've been getting are lightheaded near on every day for over a month I have been to the hospital many times over the years even last week they kept me in for observation I had ecg xrays bloods all came back as normal. I asked the doctor why I feel lightheaded and feel like fainting he said I don't no but it's not your heart.

I am going up next month for a 24 holter monitor.

What I would like to no is what is going on with me each time I go to hospital they say no your heart is perfectly fine so why am I getting lightheaded unable to focus and when I stand for 5 or 10 minutes I get vertigo and feel like the room is wabbleing like I'm on a boat.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel doctors just don't seem to listen.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well an update to my conditions.

The docs did a series of tests on my heart echo cardio, stress test, holter test and series of blood tests all came back as fine I even had lower then average skipped beats which is good doc said. Over 24 hour period only .5% of beats where skipped average is 5%.

The doc said that it could be muscle skeletal related due to the fact I had bells palsy about 6 months before this all started over 3 years ago and my neck became extremely stiff for about 2 weeks I couldn't turn left or right 4 months before it all started.

I looked online and keep hearing about the vagus nerve so I am unsure if that is causing it and the doctors in the hospital seem to not want to even acknowledge that something is wrong.

I really don't know what to do in this situation I feel like I am banging my head off a wall.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.