Been like this since Wednesday morning. What is this and how do I fix it?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was doing fine Wednesday morning until I lifted a box to be put away. I felt tension below my sternum then shortness of breath followed by right side chest tightness, rapid heart rate and a spike in stress/anxiety. My chest is still sore to the touch and it's a bit difficult breathing, and my heart rate is still up but I haven't noticed that my condition is getting worse. I suffer from stress and GAD regularly but would this be a case of a pulled muscle as opposed to a heart problem? The box I was lifting wasn't that heavy.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am not a Doctor But I was told pain from a heart problem does not change when you push and touch it. If it was myself I would suspect soreness from stain and shortness of breath from anxiety worrying about the pain.

• Posted

That's what I'm thinking right now but it doesn't explain the rapid heart rate when I'm moving or shortness of breath when I exert myself.

• Posted

Anxiety causes all those symptoms. I get rapid heart rate and shortness of breath all the time. But you should see a doctor if you are worried about it. You know yourself better than I do. I ignore many symptoms that they say you should not ignore simply because they never found anything in the past and always blamed it on anxiety. At times I had a resting heart rate of 140. I can't recommend what you should do as I am not a doctor but I am just speaking from my own experiences.

• Posted

That's what I want to believe, that it's all anxiety, but with my eating habits I'm more worried about my health as a whole. I feel like I'm calming down though, slowly but surel

• Posted

Does your rapid heart rate, when you get it, last all day or two days?

• Posted

Well, during a panic attack it can go up in the 170's and last about half an hour. Just high anxiety can go 120 to 140 and go on for days. Normal resting I am in the 70's rarely I can relax enough to go down in the 60's. I believe that doctors can tell with an EKG if it is anxiety. I believe the pattern will be correct but the timing between beats will be erratic and constantly changing when viewed. At Least that was the way it was for me when I got checked out. After so many trips to the ER you don't bother to go anymore. They make a fitness watch that supposedly uses the heart rate monitor to measure your anxiety level this way. I do not know if it is accurate or not but I was thinking about getting it about a year ago. I forget who made it.

• Posted

That's me right now. I didnt want to make another trip to the hospital and pay a lot. I'm planning on going to the doctors to get this cleared up because this is day three of this high heart rate, but it's better once I lay down and sleep, or sitting.

• Posted

Two blood clots in both lungs. About to head into surgery.

• Posted

Good luck, I am happy you decided to go to the doctor. Not sure I would have. Got to ask, how was the blood clots diagnosed because I have been this way for years? What tests done? Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

Went in with shortness of breath and rapid heartbeat. Did a CT scan on me and now I have a catheter in my lungs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.