Been lonely for so long that the concept of having someone who might possibly be into me is weird an

Posted , 7 users are following.

I felt terrible and been anxiety ridden for most of this year and in my life have had very little to no success with dating. Recently a girl seemingly started showing interest in me and some friends have told me it’s obvious. But I’ve been alone for so long that this scares me and I don’t know what to do. It’s like I’ve been conditioned to be used to loneliness. I like her but at the same time i feel so tired and burned out I just want to be left alone. She’ll probably think I’m a loser anyways.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

William:

I know how you feel. I'm 64 years old and have been single, never been married with no children. I have had anxiety and depression most of my life. I have had opportunities in dating but little success in establishing a quality long term relationship. Because of my psychological history, I avoided marriage because I did not want to have children inherit or develop anxiety and depression. The last woman that I dated was back in 2017-2018 for a few months. But she abruptly ended the relationship.

Currently I'm seeing a psychologist who feels that I have sold myself short in establishing a serious relationship. But, I believe that God has kept me from getting into bad relationships.

In your situation, the only advice that I would give is don't give in to peer pressure to rush into a serious relationship. Overall, it's important to have good friendships, both male and female.

• Posted

don't be so harsh on yourself, maybe she's genuinely interested!

• Posted

I'm not sure how old you are but for a certain age group, this sounds pretty normal - having low self esteem, doubting yourself, etc.

I think that in this kind of situation you might need to summon your courage and experiment with contacting this girl who seems interested in you. If any kind of communication sets in between the two of you, you might consider sharing some or all of the above stated feelings with her.

Just a thought . . . and good luck to you.

• Posted

I felt terrible and been anxiety ridden for most of this year and in my life have had very little to no success with dating. Recently a girl seemingly word counter started showing interest in me and some friends have told me it’s obvious. But I’ve been alone for so long that this scares me and I don’t know what to do. It’s like I’ve been conditioned VidMate to be used to loneliness. I like her but at the same time i feel so tired and burned out I just want to be left alone. She’ll probably think I’m a loser anyways. Mobdro

issue solved!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.