Been nauseous for 2 months and doctors don't know why

Posted , 5 users are following.

II've had chronic nausea for 2 months now and was sent to the ER by my pediatrician. They did blood work and the hospital and found my lipase levels were at 600. They did a full abdominal ultrasound and took an x-ray. All were clear, but they were confused because I showed no symptoms of pancreatitis besides nausea, so they thought it was caused by something else. They didn't find anything, said it was probably stress (I'm not stressed at all), gave me Zofran, starved me for a day, my lipase dropped to 200 overnight and they sent me home. My nausea is debilitating and I can't get any relief, even with zofran. They said nothing is wrong with me but this has been going on for so long and it's so uncomfortable that I'm becoming very depressed. Is it possible it could be something else?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back to your doctor and say that Zofran is not working and ask for an endoscopy. What other causes have been suggested other than what has already been tested?
    • Posted

I agree with Phillipia, endoscopy only is the right step to do. Maybe you're suffering from H Pylori.

• Posted

Please go back to your doc.

You could have gastritis. Before gastroscopy I would suggest a H.pylori breath or stool test. It is not invasive and is one reason to tick off the possibility list.

Also your doc might want to repeat the lipase (and maybe other basic blood tests) test, to see where you are at now and that the acute pancreatitis is over.

• Posted

I have battled abdominal pain for eight years. They had a horrible time diagnosing me. They finally diagnosed. me with Crohn's 2 years ago. About 3 months ago I was in your same boat. I was so sick. Couldn't eat anything. They finally ran another panel of autoimmune diseases. It came back lupus positive. My Gi said many people with abdominal probs have Lupus. He always tests then for that. Maybe that's a place for you to start. Good look. Keep me informed.

• Posted

May I kindly ask on a side note due to interest (one colonoscopy, no Crohn found, all good, excrutiating pain continuing though): how was Crohn found after 6 years finally? Was it in small intestine, not looked at before or not 'big' enough?

• Posted

After 6 years my doc. Decided to foo a capsule endoscopy. You swallow a pull that has a camera and can look inside your whole digestive tract. My Dr. Saw was able to see tons of ulcers in my small intestine.
    • Posted

Thank you!

Ah see! Exactly my point for pro capsule endoscopy! Biopsies cannot be taken, but who cares if ulcers are visible. Thank you so much! It just emphasises again to me, that a capsule endoscopy should be done fairly soon for my child, just...they could have put it in during gastroscopy since a child cannot swallow this thing. Also due to vomiting maybe should be placed into duodenum anyway.

But your treatment doesn't work anymore after 2 years, right? How do you get symptoms under control with Lupus?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.