Been off of sertraline for about 2 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I was on sertraline for anxiety issues. I was on it for about 1 1/2 years and decided one day I didn’t need it so in the beginning of November 2017 I told my doctor and he said to taper off evey week. I was on 75mg so I didn’t get any withdrawal said effects till maybe 2 or 3 weeks after my last pill it was manageable but now for some reason I feel like I have a nervous feeling in my stomach and chest. I wondering if it’s my anxiety coming back or is it just withdrawals still?! It’s been happening for maybe 2 weeks now and I’m hoping my anxiety isn’t coming back I really don’t wanna go back on sertraline again. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, all I can tell you is that consumer reports national research center found out that only 8% of people taking Zoloft have difficulty stopping the drug, so maybe Anxiety, your doctor will know best. I was on Sertraline for 9 weeks and decided to go back on Lorazepam for my Anxiety, so far it has been about 7 days since stopping with no side effects, I take 2mg of Lorazepam a day.
    • Posted

HI dan what made you want to change back to ure old tablets? Is it because sertraline didn’t work for you.?well I’ve been on sertraline now for 6wks with little progress.i swapped from Paroxetine. I really don’t know what to do. Wether to carry on with the sertraline a bit longer or go bk to my old 1s. Any advice please 🌹

• Posted

Good Monday Debra, on my last doctor's visit, she recommended for me to try Sertraline even though I was doing fine with my old medicine, so I said okay (She was thinking about the long term use, just in case my body developed a tolerance to the med) anyway it took me 7 weeks to get rid of all the bad side effects except two; I still felt like a zombie with blurred vision, that I couldn't stand, Lorazepam doesn't give me any side effects and it works for me. Back to you, I would recommend stay with it for 8-weeks and see how it goes, People respond differently to the same medicine :-)

• Posted

Thanks for ure reply dan. Did u feel detached aswell and felt like u ad lost ureself? This is what scares me. This horrible feeling not knowing who you are anymore 🌹

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.