Been off venalfaxine for 5 week now

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been trying other things that I have learned about to replace the ADs like 5 htp omega 3 and B vits as going back on ADs is no longer an option for me for reasons I have explained on here before. I found that taking all the alternatives as mentioned above made a big improvement alone with healthy diet and exercise. The problem is that all the things mentioned are far to expensive about £60 per month. I'm on benefits and just can't afford it so of course I have ran out of the supplements a few days ago and am feeling so depressed and anxious again now. This is so frustrating as I found out what works for me after 32 years of suffering but can't use what I know works. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Really don't know what to do now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Michael...happy for you that you found what can replace ADs...well Don worry....take it one step at time....and trust that everything is going to be alright.....and Don keep everything which you are struggling with inside....share it...It helps a lot.....Stay safe....and known are never alone....take care....Jesus loves you
  • Posted

just to say,there will be a day you can get these supplements.i know how how it is to try and take nothing.its the hardest thing i ever done.i know your a positive person and that will take you a long ways.i know it dont change the withdrawl effects.i do hope you find peace durning this time.i know how hard it can be.i couldnt do it alone.i was taken off so fast it just messed me up all together with severe depression.i had to take something to get through that.i been off of it for three months.i went to of them months without anything.it just got so overwhelming.i am now scared i will go back to that point.it was so bad.it was trama to me.i do hope some way you can get these supplements so you can have some relief.
    • Posted

Thanks Melissa

I don't feel to bad today to be honest so now wondering if I really need them supplements. I think it could just be the fact that I have always been taking something that I have been tricked into thinking I need something. Maybe I don't I will just see how it goes and I have no choice to be honest as there is no way I can afford the supplements because as soon as I manage somehow to get some money I need to buy food gas and electric and pay my bills as that's far more important at the moment

• Posted

your right food and gas would come first.maybe your right you dont need them supplements.do you still feel pretty good?i sure hope you do anyway.i hope in the near future if you need these supplements you can get them.this maybe the way it just worked out.maybe you can do it by your self.
    • Posted

Yes your right did feel a bit better yesterday but feeling bad again today I just can't see a positive in anything. I spent all day yesterday trying to find work and I'm frustrated because I did find some work from an agency but the problem is I don't have the relivent health and safety card and withought that I can't set foot on a building site. I looked into getting one but the test I have to do costs £50 plus the cost of travel to get to the test centre which is 40 miles from where I live so worked out it would need at least £80. I contacted the DWP to find out if they have a scheme to cover the cost of this but they don't, they said I could get help with it after I have been on benefits for 6 months. It's just crazy because there must me 100s of people like me that can work because of a £50 Cscs card. It insane because there are people like me being a strain on the benefit system when we could be working so instead of helping with the cost of the test they are paying out thousands of pounds in benefits, I just don't understand I really don't
  • Posted

I am on retirement pension and pension credit benefit, so know what you mean.

Sometimes the on line supplement suppliers have sales.  For instance I bought 5HTP for half price from one.  Having said that, the 5HTP makes me feel weird, like starting on anti depressants again.  Look out for offers on line as there are a lot of companies that sell supplements cheaper than in the shops. 

I wish I could say that the supplements really work.  Was on a lot when taking anti depressant, and added more since I stopped.  Been over a year since I stopped, and take supplements regularly.  Yes they do help, but still feel up and down.  Perhaps this is the best I will ever feel.  At least the depression not bad like it was when it first started. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.