Been offered the Covid vaccine but wondering

Posted , 1 user is following.

I got my letter through two days ago about booking a Covid 19 vaccination. its something I have been wondering about given how Cipro affected me and the talk about people who have reacted after taking antibiotics.

So tried phoning 119 and they cannot offer medical opinions and told get in touch with GP.

A GP from my doctors surgery got back saying were you hospitalised by the reaction because of a great big shock, no just torn in half by muscle spasms that messed my life up and still affect it now. Okay when you get the centre you should be seen by a doctor and you tell them you had a reaction to an antibiotic and what happened. They will then talk to you more and I should be okay to have the vaccine. Sounded more a case of make sure they know and can monitor me after taking it but should be okay to have the vaccine.

Does that ring true for other folk???

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.