Been on 15mg of Mirtzapine for 5 Months, thinking of upping dosage!

Posted , 9 users are following.

What is the best dosage of mirtzapine for anxiety? I've been on 15mg once a day at bedtime for 5 months now and I feel it's starting to lose its edge. The sedative effect if had on me wore off after the first week at 15mg. but I was feeling better on it. I don't want to stop taking it I just want to find the right dosage to help with my severe anxiety. I've tried other SSRI's and I'm not a fan of them at all, this has been the best thus far and I'll also occasionally have to take Ativan at .5mg once a day, but not every day, more so recently because it seems my mirt is losing its effect or plateauing on me and I don't want to go in reverse! I suffer from severe anxiety, I worry about everything and panic, and also have moderate depression. Wondering what dosage would be best to move up to...? Whether it'd be going straight to 30mg at night or upping to 22.5 at night... Or doing 30mg but splitting them up taking one 15mg at night and next in the morning. Any insight..? Thank you.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think that everyone will experience it differently, however i was taking it for years. I found that the dosage i took naturally went up and down over time. Sometimes you might need 30mg then you might feel like you are better and go back down to 15mg. This is how it was for me.    
  • Posted

Hi jauzmama

You sound very simular to me the higher dose i went on mirt the more anxiety i got.

They raised it to 45mg and I got full blown panic attacks. Docs denied it was meds but 3 years later my blood pressure has gone through the roof!

I stared tapering a few months ago. The panic attacks have stopped! And the lower i seem to go the better the anxiety!

Currently on 22.5

Hope this helps

S x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.