Been on 15mgs for 2 weeks, moved up to 30mgs not feeling great should I continue?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello fellow sufferers! Ive been on mitrazapine for 2 weeks at 15mgs and apart from feeling a bit groggy in the morning and some diareah the side effects have been ok, ive been calmer a sleeping great - although having very vivid dreams. i then increased to 30mgs as it wasnt helping the depression much a few days ago and today ive noticed terrible anxiety, palpitations, appetite gone again, feeling like im back to square one...has anyone else expereinced this when they've increased? is it worth pursueing at 30mg? ive read such great things about this med, i really need it work for me x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Karen I'm new to these tablets since Nov last year and last week or so have felt the same I am being weaned off them and asked to go back onto my old tablets floxtine I'm hoping all will be fine when I get this crap out of my system but seriously ask your gp first hope you to feel better than you are doing at the moment soon too 😊

• Posted

saw your post jon, then saw karens original one. interested for a friend, is it just me, but do problems begin with mirtazapine at doses of 30mg plus? i cant go above 15mg, although also take ven. a friend of mine was doing well on ven of 112.5 plus 22.5mg of mirt, but her pysc got over excited, and upped her dose to 30mg. she also takes 75mg of ven. from day 1, her improvements stopped, and over last 2 months she slowly went backwards. just managed to persuade her pysc, to drop her back down to 22.5mg. id be very interested to know about peoples experiences on mirt, as i get the opinion, w, works wonders at 22.5mg and below, but the complete opposite on 30mg and above. appreciate this is a bit of a generalisation, but suspect 30mg and above is too activating for most people.

• Posted

i would definitely support this view. As you know, my crazy GP allowed me to go to 45 Mirt combined with 200 Sert. i felt like BEZ must have done in the 90's with the HAPPY MONDAYS 😉 Not a good feeling whilst in the office. In all seriousness i think the 30 and 45mg are for severe treatment resistant depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.