Been on 30mg duloxetine for 1 week

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I have been mixing pregabalin 300mg with duloxetine 30mg... I have been on pregabalin for about a year now due to chronic nerve pain..had to change my antidepressants couple weeks again... doctor changed my anti d's to duloxetine as there ment to help with pain as well as my mood swings lol... well am one week in and everything seems to be working my pain is still there I have had it since 23/12/2015. I hit tree at 70mph tree win lol..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Never mentioned I take 1 pregabalin in morning and I at dinner time. I take my duloxetine in morning with 1 pregabalin 
  • Posted

Experiencing any side effects with the duloxetine?  I felt that I had some issues in the first few weeks and got on this forum to see if it was common.  Been following to see if anyone else has similar issues.  FYI, been on duloxetine 60mg for a few months now and it seems to be working well with minimal side effects.

Hope this helps with your pain!  Have you tried CBD?  Is it an option where you live?  I had a very good experience with it for post surgery pain.  Heavy narcotics were not touching the pain and I was taking more than prescribed.  Not wanting to mess around with opiates I tried CBD.  Didn't take another narcotic after that!

• Posted

I have Fibromyalgia and very bad depression. I TRIED CBD oil for just little while because I dont like the fatigue I feel with Tramadol. Can you please tell me the dosage and the method of application? The CBD oil did nothing for me. Maybe i need to take it longer or higher dosage. I took it sublingual under the tongue as suggested. Did nothing but upset my gut.

I've been on Tramadol for my pain for over 1 year. My body is getting use to it so it takes longer to take away the pain. I'm now on CYMBALTA 3 days in. I'm also still on tramadol. My DR stated it was OKAY to take. I prefer to stagger them instead of all together. I already feel the side effects of cymbalta. FIRST day was extreme trembling and shaking like i was going to have a siezure; next day just a space cadet, brain buzzing stuffy head feeling. Also some stomach issues. My body does not do well with anti depressants but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired; desperate for something to work! I'm unmotivated, everything takes great effort, self care has got up and went. I've gain weight and I'm somebody who is very vain. So the weight issue alone is enough fuel the depression. I have brain fog I feel my IQ has dropped a few notches. I've been on medical leave for 9 months. Due to other health issues. MOST of my friends would have cave under the pressure and stress I'm under but I've always been a trooper. BUT its getting old fast! SEARCHING for a better solution than opiates and anti depressants that leave u feeling worse.

• Posted

Are you getting any bad side effects with the duloxetine? 
    • Posted

Hi Karen..  I felt a wee bit funny for couple days but nothing to bad. I am feeling a bit better than last antidepressants.. I still snap at the slightest things I have done this for months now.. it's all down to my pain tho I have had enough of it..I have also been waiting 5 months for the pain clinic. 

• Posted

Are you getting any sweating at all, or weight gain,,thank you
    • Posted

I have been on duloxetine 60mg for over 18 months after taking pregabalin for a few years amongst other medication. I have put loads of weight on the and over the time I have been on duloxetine I have found that I a constantly hot and sweating loads which is horrible. I you put your hands on my My head you can feel the heat from my head so much so that I have shaved the underneath of my hair as it was just getting constantly wet
  • Posted

I’m suffering from constant sweating and it’s getting ridiculous 
    • Posted

Hi Karen I know just how you feel and to be honest I am glad you are suffering too with the sweating and as I thought it was just me.

I have wet wipes in me handbag and also a cooling cloth to try and assist in keeping me cool. I have but I find it so embarrassing constantly being all sweaty and horrible. I have I have even started trying to reduce my duloxetine to see if that will help x

• Posted

I think this is my 19th day on duloxetine and the sweating is getting me down 😢 I’m seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow so I’ll talk about it x

• Posted

Hi,

I take propanthelene to stop perspiration. It made me short tempered and when I started to use Oxybutynin patch as well, it took away my bad temper. Strange. Similar drugs.

I was prescribed many of your drugs which seem to be the basic list to treat any unusual pain or sensations. I stopped them as soon as I realised the side effects were too much. Just wondering if the benefits outweighed the side effects for you all. Do not take medication if it is not doing the job.

KEITH

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.