Been on 50mg for over 2 years, about to move upstate and anxiety has been haywire - Kind words

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, for the past 2 years I have had my ups and downs, but I have had faith that Zoloft has helped me keep a steady balance throughout a breakup, and I thought a move up state. As of yesterday, I went to the ER due to what I confused my normal wakeup anxiety (wakeup early, vomit and have anxious buzzing until midday) a stomach virus. ER stabilized me and sent me home as they believed I had a norovirus of some kind, but I knew my anxiety was back from this move. I had originally thought that my meds may have expired and caused withdrawal, but I now know it's just me.

I just got my dosage approvaed from 50-75mg and I worry that this breakthrough anxiety is due to not only my stress of living somewhere new, but maybe also from my meds pooping out?

Anyone have experiences where they needed a higher dose sometime but were able to come back down or even get off successfully after stabilizing; also, how long it took roughly?

Thank you in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Clausicus, yes, I have had to up my dosage during times of stress. I have gone back down as well and up again due to stressful events. I think it took me about 1-2 weeks to notice a difference in changing dosage.

The struggle I am having now is the effect different manufacturers of sertraline have on me and trying to find a pharmacy that can consistently keep me with one manufacturer that does not leave me feeling off.

Good luck with the move. You can get through this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.