Been on antidepressants off but mostly on since 18

Posted , 6 users are following.

as my title said ive been depressed since 18, but im now concerned as im now in my menopausal, after having anxiety and agrophobia as well im finding it all a bit too much too handle, any tips would be welcome cos im finding any mental heath issues have doubled, im 52 so in the middle of menopause, and thank you how have read this

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dawn, I'm really sorry you are struggling. Since you have been dealing with depression for many years and now menopause has added to the struggle. Speak with your doctor and let he/she know that while you've been coping(you didn't mention if you were taking any meds)with it, with menopause added to the mix your meds may need to changed, or the dosage increase, or HRT may help. I'm not a doctor, so I can only make suggestions. This forum has helped me tremendously. Keep the faith and hang in there. You are not alone.🤗❤❤❤

• Posted

thank you for yr kind words and support, im going to the doctors on wednesday for my medical review on antidepressants so will have a word about menopause, did try hrt patches a few years ago but didnt really help.

• Posted

That's a good idea. Everyone is different. HRT didn't agree with me either.

• Posted

hi dawn. i have had to adjust my dosage a couple of times since all of this started. i have been on antidepressants for almost 20 years now. i havent tried hrt yet. i hope you feel better soon

• Posted

im on efexor (venaflaxine) XL 225mg daily they are slow release ones

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.