Been on citalipram 20mg for nearly 3 weeks and so tierd all the time

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on citalipram 20mg for nearly 3 weeks and I am constantly tierd all the time sleeping during the day for a few hours but still waking tierd is this normal please .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria I took 20 mg for about 5 week and the first three weeks were horrible and I was extreamly tired !! I upped my dose to 30 mg and now I feel amazing no more anxiety and I have more energy to do things I’m in a better mood I have more patients .. just keep going 
    • Posted

Olivia, I too have upped my dose from 20 to 30 a few days ago. I was on 10 for about three months and my doctor said it wasn’t enough. So he increased my dosage from ten to twenty for a week and then up to thirty a few days ago. Best decision as I am feeling fantastic now. Best in a very long time. I am so impressed with this medication. 
    • Posted

Thankyou Olivia for replying to me I will have a word with my doctor and see what he thinks if I should maybe up my dose to as I Carnt keep going on like this ..
    • Posted

I felt the same way when I was on20 I thought I would never get better and I felt like giving up I didn’t my 5 week and on it and then I up my dose and now I feel like myself again ! KEep going !! 
  • Posted

you can feel tired when you fist start using this medication ,but as it starts to work in your body tiredness becomes less,
    • Posted

Thank you marsh for replying to me hopefully will see an improvement soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.