Been on citalopram almost 4 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still fatigued and not much energy, off and on, will these days get better, will the side effects, fatigue, anxious, no energy, go away? Afraid being on this pill, guess I'm wanting a fast fix. How long before I'm me again?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

In mid February I was on Effexor 37.5 mg within a week I was a mess.  Waited a couple more weeks then my pcp changed me to citalopram 20mg - right away racing thoughts, chest pains, diaharreha, no energy, foggy thinking, suicidale thoughts !  Oh yeah, I was told wait it out it will get better - after 6 weeks on citalopram each day worse than the day before.  I couldn't get help to get off this "drug" so I started cutting down, maybe I did it too quick but I couldn't go on any more.  12 without the "drug"  had a couple bad, bad, days but they are getting better.  My health is getting better, starting to get my enjoyment back not all the way but baby steps!!  I wish you well but maybe the "drug" isn't your answer!!
    • Posted

Thank you, hope you continue feeling yourself, I too wish I didn't need drugs to feel myself, Menopause too plays a roll on the way I'm feeling I guess! Thanks for writing me.
  • Posted

Hi Cindy .hang in there you will feel the benefits from CIT. Not sure how much you are on ? I started off small 5mg now 12 months later I am on 30 mg feel great now don't thing I'll ever come off.no need to really as long as I have a clear head I Dont care.everyone get some reactions from meds. Just takes time and to focus on all the good in your life not has been or things that might happen. You can only change what you are in control of .everyones anxiety is different. But be assured a third if this country had had some sort of mental issue. So you are not alone .GAW3n
    • Posted

Yes that is what my dose is too, 5 mg. My body doesn't need much for it to react. I sure can't wait, better not take a whole year though. I want so much to feel me again, maybe not much longer and I'll be use to it, I hope. Thank you for writing.
    • Posted

And I take it at bedtime, not sure what time of day is best to take it!
  • Posted

Took me 6 weeks before I felt it working. And even then I was still having the same exact issues as you. On week 9 now. And let me tell ya... it is much much better. It does get better. Stick with it. 20 mg
  • Posted

I wasn't even able to work first four weeks. But if you are working then you are stronger than me. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Hi Cindy I had taken 3 months off work. I didn't like the reaction and didn't understand .so I went on a course for anxiaty from the docs. I also paid private and seen a hypnosis guy. He was brill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.