been on citalopramfor 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi can any one tell me how long it takes 2 start felling better .still not sleeping very gd . iam taking 20m in the morning

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi There

My doctor advised it can take anywhere from two to four weeks so hang in there. I think at first it really disrupts sleep patterns and am back on this medication 20mg after a two month break. It has been 3 weeks for me and slowly each day feeling better, although a little shaky in the mornings.

I took 20mg of Cipramil for over 6 months after a long history of anxiety and it had a fantastic impact on me - along with exercise and a better diet.'

Try to give it a month and reassess as its different for everyone but hanging in there is important :-?

• Posted

hi, i have been taking for four weeks now, they are good tablets but take a few weeks to get into your system, i am more positive about things in general and get anxious less quickly than i used to, my sex life has improved and i find i am more tolerant than ever!! believe me thats a first ask the wife!, they are not the answer but they are certainly the first important stepping stone, keep at it they are a god send.

good luck

jeff

• Posted

I have been on them for 2 months, I would say they have only just started to make a diffrence. They take a while for your body to adjust, and the first two weeks I felt worse than I did before, but everyone said wait and give them time and they will work! So do hang on in there it really will get better.

Remember what you were feeling before and now, then in a few weeks see what you are feeling, you will be suprised of the difference, they do not make you happy and jump around but help you to cope!

Poppy

• Posted

i have been on them 6 weeks and i feel like i goin thru stages of more mania ? i have bipolar , b4 i started these i was really low i on 40mg and my mood has gone up the scale but to far , has anyone else had this problem xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.