been on citrolpram for 6 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have been on my meds for 6 months now,am feeling loads better till other day i feel realy low again,am going to a funeral next week so could it be that wots making me feel down again,xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes I reckon it is.  As we recover your mood can be up and down and even after 6 months or longer something can throw you, especially at this 'early time'.  Accept how you're feeling for the time being, carry on as you did before and it'll pass in time.

Hope all goes as well as expected at the funeral.

K x

• Posted

6 months is kind of still early - some people are still struggling by this time, some half way there and some are better.  You said you felt loads better til the other day?  I think by 6 months it's still normal for your mood to be fluctuating, and especially if you've had a bereavement recently.

I'm sure when you're back into your normal routine it will settle down again.

• Posted

Yeah, got to remember, sometimes to feel down will be natural, especially in this case.You dont want the medsto strip you of all emotion
    • Posted

hi shaz i thought that. cos wen i  started the meds my feeling were just at a stand still if you know wot i meen,,xx
  • Posted

I agree with katecogs.  Your mood will most certainly lighten after the funeral. The medication doesn't remove all feeling and you would expect to feel down following a bereavement.  It's a blip and once things settle again, so will your frame of mind.  Take care, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.