been on lofepramine 1 week

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have suffered with depression for about 7 years now im 33 the last tablets i was on were citalapram which i took for 2 years, i had a bad time at xmas for some reason worried about work college home everything the doctor prescribed lofepramine 70 mg twice a day i do feel a lot better on them still managing to work he also gave me diazpam 2mg to take when i get really down only they seemed to help in the early days but do make me feel drowsy, i do get a dry mouth sweating but i can cope with that if the depression stays away good luck to everyone and the main thing is keep positive it will pass that what i keep telling my self no negative thoughts they dont help at all hope ive helped a bit

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have just started taking lofepramine for depression , I have had shivers since I started the tablet yesterday , I wonder is this a common side effect ?
    • Posted

hey catherine how are you getting on with the Lofepramine?

Im on day 4. I started a couple of days on 35mg and took my first 70mg yesterday. I've woken up feeling very depressed and lethagic. 

Have the side effects been tolerable?

any update would be greatly appreciated

KB

• Posted

Hi Cathrine , I'm on day 2 of 70mg. I'm too getting the shivers. Well it's kind of like and all over slight 'buzzing' sensation. I've woken up at 4am the past two nights and not been able to get back to sleep.

I've noticed I'm also a bit jittery.

How are you finding them?

• Posted

Went back to my GP as I just felt so awful and had so much nausea and shivers on Lofepramine , changed now to venlafaxine 75mg and it's much better have been taking them for 10 days only concern was not sleeping very well , so doc has prescribed Trazadone 50 mg to take at night and the venlafaxine in the morning , so hoping this combination works .

• Posted

Venlafaxine worked well for me for many years.  I hope they do the same for you. I never had any trouble sleeping with them. In fact, i never really had any side effects.  In the beginning i had a bit of heart flutter but apart from that i found they worked for me. 

They stopped working last year...since then I've tried Brintellix and now Lofepramine.

Im really scared now that I've got treatment resistant depression

I'm so tearful today and starting to think there will be no end to my depression.

I've been to different psychiatrist and spent nearly £2,000 only to feel the same. 

Sometimes i just don't know where to turn.

Keep us posted on the venlafaxine and how you get on xxx

• Posted

hi simo

I'm glad i've come across you post as I've been prescribed Lofepramine after being on a few diffenent AD's soem successful and some not

This is the first tricyclic one i've tried.

How did you get on with them? Are you still taking them?

Any updates would be greatly appreciated

KB

• Posted

Hi, How are you getting on with Lofepramine - I started 5 days ago.

​Like you I have been on a few and this is the first trycyclic I have taken.

​Are you still taking them? 

Em

• Posted

Hi how is everyone doing on lofepramine?? I have just been prescribed 70mg twice a day. I've have tried numerous SSRI's over the past two years to no avail.

I am really scared about trying this. How have the side effects been??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.