Been on mitazapine for 5 week

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on dosuplin for 30yrs and I was fine on this then they said I had to come off it because it was causing heart problems in some people after tapering off and staying of antidepressant for 12 week I then started having horrendous panic attacks they gave me mitazapine I was on them for 5 weeks and I couldn't eat I couldn't sleep I had the most horrendous side effects I was not good on them so gp decided to put me back on my dosuplin witch I never want to come of them .but I looked so I'll they decided to put me back on a straight switch from mitazapine to dosuplin the withdrawal as been horrendous I lost 2 stone in weight sore throat uncontrollable burping very bad anxiety stuffed up nose joint pain dizzie sore mouth lips tounge it's been horrendous what do they prescribe drugs like this I am still suffering side effects it's my 4th week anyone had the same symptoms with mitazapine

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, i was on dosulepin for about ten years and i was told i couldnt take them anymore for the same reasons as you. i was also put onto MIRTAZAPINE 15 mg to start with.

I an now on a reducing dose from 45mg.

i have also lost weight and feel as if i have a constant cold, so i know and understand what you are going through. The advice on here always seems to be to drink plenty of water.

I felt so much better on the dosulepin.

• Posted

it sounds like withdrawal to me as mirt increases appetite

• Posted

Hi Toria , with me it made me feel sick all the time and unable to eat. We are all different.

• Posted

it will probably be withdrawal from the med you were on originally

• Posted

I on dosulepin again since December. as due to other problems I went to see private psychiatrist..well nightmare started. put me on mirtazapine and tried it for 3 months an it made me feel awful everyday. also tried proponal which made me feel sick an more anxious. moving on and having two crisis intervention a nice psychiatrist at bradgate finally put me back on dosulepin hooray they listened after 4 months 2 drugs and trying lofepramine as reluctant to put me back on dosulepin. been back on it since December a lot better I have good an bad days. on a low dose of diazepam wen needed too. I had a lot going on on life the last 12 months. slowly healing. and back at work after 6 months off. still long way to go but so glad I'm back on them. I never had heart problems although that was reluctantance to re prescribe and they gave me ecg but never in 20 yrs of being on them. though of mirtazapine fills me with dread. so hood luck. I'm having CBT too at mo. and use meditation apps. one called insight timer is almost free and let's meditate free too. good luck. and this situation we are all in at moment makes mh worse. sending hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.