Been on orlistat 5 weeks now and lost 16lbs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been on orlistst 5 weeks now and counting and i have lost 16lbs so far, :D going is good providing i dont eat rubbish, i had an indian tika masala last weekend thought 'uh oh i will be really bad after this' and guess what? i wasnt at all. :o As for the migranes, well i suffer badly anyway, at least one a week lasing up to 5 days, but the doctors put me on a one a day tablet called Fenofexadine and tell you what its brilliant, i have had 1 migrane in the last 8 months, so maybe people who are suffering can ask for this at the doctors? smile

Nice to read other ppls experiences too! x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

WELL DONE YOU :!:

That's an incredible achievement and I think congrats are in order :D

So have you got any tips :idea: to help anyone struggling :?: If so, maybe you could share :?:

Perhaps hear fron you soon :!:

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Hi everyone,

I have just been presccribed the Orlistat and finally being diagnosed with PCOD= Poly cystic Ovary Disease, which has been the main contributing factor to my almost sudden weight gain in the past yr.

I am looking forward to starting and it is very encouraging to read other ppls experience. Especially Lovely Kat as I also suffer from Migraines and your tip will come in handy when I go back to the docs.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck and I look forward to my first weigh in ( at home) next week.

:D

• Posted

Not really any advice, i just dont eat anything with more than 5% fat in it, i avoid cheese and most dairy, if im hungry i fill up on muller lights and fruit. Make sure i always have breakfast, and plenty of excercise, walk whenever possible and leave the car at home. I have quite a physical job too so that helps. Oh yeah and do loads of ironing lol, ironing burns 1000 calories an hour so i hear. lol.
  • Posted

Lovely Kat-

I suffer badly with Migraines too even more so with PCOS, I have treid most meds for it and at the moment im stuck on Maxalt which I take on an attack.

Has the meds you mentioned really cut out your Migraines that much as I would be very interested oin trying something else. I have noticed since taking Orlistat that Im having a slight Migraine everyday.

smile smile

• Posted

I just started Alli (Orlistat) 60 mg. I already lost 5 lbs in a week and a half. Feel great. I have no history of migranes, but let me tell you they have definitely begun while taking orlistat. It isn't bad enough to keep me from anything, but I can feel it especially in my temples and noises seem to trigger it most. Not something I deal with normally, so I know it is the alli. I haven't taken anything yet for it, ibuprofen might be enough, but just for you guys w the migrane issues, it has to be contributing to it!

As for what I am eating, I stopped skipping breakfast, I make sure I eat 3 meals, even though my appetite has really decreased since starting the orlistat. No meal exceeds 15 g of fat, but I would say I even get a fraction of that except maybe one meal a day. I haven't started exercising except one night walking w my crazy dog, won't do that again. But considering the quick weight loss already, I really would like to kick it up a notch, I am sure I would lose even more quickly!! :idea:

• Posted

Well done!

Im sure increasing exercise would help increase ur weightloss. A walk every nite, or every other nite - if u can manage that.

Ive been on the tabs the same length of time....have managed to resist the temptation to weigh myself. I don`t possess scales. Going to try and hold of til I go to drs again.

Keep up the good work... :D

• Posted

GOOD FOR YOU AS I'VE ONLY LOST 4 POUNDS, SO WHERE AM I GOING WRONG, ALWAYS LOOK AT THE SATURATED FATS, ALTHOUGH I AM STRUGGLING WITH FRUIT AND VEG AT THE MOMENT, AND TO BE HONEST I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF AN APPETITE THESE DAYS AND 3 MEALS IS A STRUGGLE
  • Posted

I don`t find the fruit and veg a prob.......but yep I agree on the 3 meals. Ive had to force myself to have breakfast.....if Im out and about with work I don`t have lunch (I know I should), if Im in the office....I do.....and I have my dinner at nite.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.