Been on Orlistat for a week, no change! Give me advice please </3

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, 

Thanks for viewing this as I really need advice. I'm near 19 STONE and been put on Orlistat by my Dr to lose weight. I've been keeping to the under 45g of fat, drinking loads of water and walk or use my exercise bike daily (I have a fitbit that tracks my steps). I haven't had any side effects besides the gas and gurling tummy. 

Should I change my diet or something? I make sure I have less then 15g of fat per a meal and loads of Fiber to keep things moving. I'm starting to get fustrated because I'm not seeing any change. 

If you've got MFP add me (SammieePaigee) and you can give me advice eating wise via that lol. 

Thank you <3>

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

stick to the tablets, some weeks you will have ups and downs.  i have been drinking my 3l of water and thankfully also am not seeing side effects but my weight loss has slowed down alot.  i have been taking them now over 5 weeks and lost 20ibs in first 4 and 1ib this week. but it is going in the right direction. 
  • Posted

Keep at it. I've been on the tabs 2 and a half months. Some weeks I lose weight, some weeks I don't. Had been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks but this week I've lost 4lbs. IT's frustrating when it happens, but at least I'm losing it. You just need patience, and don't weigh yourself too often. That's my weakness. 
    • Posted

dreams i also seem to have the same issue of weighing myself too often - lord it is nearly every day.  i had hoped the tablets would work faster especially as i am going to the gym regularly 4 to 5 times a week.
    • Posted

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I've been working hard at the gym too, hoping it would boost the weight loss.

Think we just have to be patient and keep away from the scales!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.