Been on Prozac 20mg for 3 weeks and 3 days, This past week I have been having more anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

No side effects initially the first week but since the end of the second week have been having horrible anxiety, some intrusive thoughts, and no appetite. I occasionally get a wave of stomach cramps. Is this normal? I take 50mgs of Trazadone in the evening which gives me some good deep sleep. Also need to take .25 of Klonopin because anxiety is worse when I first week up I felt better the 2nd week then I do now. When does the anxiety start to ease up even a little.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Lynn I wish I had the exact answer for you.

I also take .25 Klonopion to help ease the anxiety. From what I have been reading about Prozac this is part of the ordeal as our body adjusts to it.

And like you, mine is worse in the AM>  I have learned that is when Cortisol which is produced by our adrenal glands is at its highest!. Not sure how to mitigate that other than Chamonile tea.

I have found that natural viatality calm is a good mangesium supplement that helps take the edge of anxiety. You can order it online.

Also I am on day 34 of my 20mg dose after quitting cold turkey back in Feb this year. Big mistake and in going back on it, I learned it takes longer for it to "kick in".  I am 70% better in terms of overall mood; before I was so despondent that I could barely get out of bed. At least now, I have a better outlook on life.

But the anxiety and the attendant morning wretching is getting to be a bit of a hassle.

Katcogs has posted some good advice on here and I encourage you to reach out to her.

Meanwhile, hang in there, as I am because we MUST believe that it will get better as each day passes.

Best.

• Posted

Thanks Ben, 

i am on 25 days of Fluoxetine 20mg. It’s my first time on this antidepressant. There is a great entry on the web site, “No more Panic” in the UK. The entry is under Prozac/Fluoxetine. It’s called A Timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine by better days. When I get discouraged I go back and read it again. Keep the faith.

• Posted

Thanks Ben, 

I am on day 25 of 20mgs of Fluoxetine. My anxiety has always been there,but has gotten much worse this past week. The first and second weeks I had waves of stomach cramps and headaches. My appetite this past week has been none existent. Sent a helpful link but don’t know if they will post it. Finally spent an hour on the treadmill today it’s been a while. We our still having cold weather and a dusting of snow last night in Vermont.

• Posted

No more panic sight, a timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.