Been on sertraline about a week

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ive been feeling very tired and haz on sertraline (,not quite with it) and dry metal tasting mouth! Had been suffering anxiety and low mood previously.still feeling anxious but no energy.have been off work for a couple of weeks.not sure whether setraline is helping or not.any advice would be appreviated.

0 likes, 79 replies

79 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.

Iv Been on them for 7 days.

Only on 25mg. Mainly for anxiety.

First 3 days I had herendous headaches and feeling sick, day 4/5/6 felt so so, but today iv felt sick and dizzy.

When will these side effect pass.

Any advise on taking these would be much appreciated.

• Posted

Hi, iv been on 100mg for 5 or 6 weeks now and I still get nauseous sometimes.  It's one of the side effects. Just make sure you take it with food

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.

I take mine at night time and have a bit of bread/ biscuit with

it, i was on them years ago for helping me cope with sudden loss of close family members but I carnt remember having the side

Effects what these do.

Ano it's early days and I'm going to have to ride the wave.

Wishing you well

• Posted

I wish you all the best with your journey and hope side effects settle down soon. I've not heard of them being taken at night!

• Posted

Hi Maureen.

Hope you are OK.

Day 10, on 25mg and I'm having a bad day,, anxious, tingling

fingers, crying

Don't feel like doing anything

Partners away with work until Monday evening

feeling alone and down.

Ano it's early days but hoping these tablets will start to kick

in soon,

• Posted

Hi Julie. I'm not too bad today but yesterday wasn't a good day. You'll find that you'll have bad days to begin with.  Try not to be too hard on yourself and let yourself cry and do nothing. Take advantage of your partner being away. It's awful being in a lonely place but try and get out for some fresh air if you can. Keep busy with anything to keep your mind occupied. Hope this helps. Very early days for you so be kind t yourself xx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words Mareen.

There are some lovely people on this forum including you who

help us early day users.

Hopefully in the near future I can help someone who's

starting on them to reasure them.

Keep me posted of your progress it does help.

best wishes to you xx

• Posted

You're welcome. There really is some good listeners on here willing to share their stories.  It makes you feel less alone. Anytime you want to just chat or message me I'm on here regularly. 

All the best. Hope you have a chilled day xx

• Posted

Even though I've been on Zoloft for 3 days I can tell you that I've had anxious feelings ever since I started including these strange and horrifying dreams. My psychiatrist told me that you can have side effects up to 4 weeks or the entire time you're on the drug. At least some of them but there is a chance that they will go away in 6 weeks; the time when Zoloft will start kicking in.

Hang in there! We will get through this together. I've personally been wanting to give up already but I know that it's always going to get worse before it gets any better. If you have any serious side effects, talk to your doctor. You know your body better than anyone. If you feel something is seriously wrong talk to your doctor about weaning off this drug and never take no as an answer.

• Posted

I am coming into ninth week and, looking back I woudl say that the 50mg pills did not start working until after week 3 then I started to feel better.  Reduction in morning terrors, less bizarre dreams and slightly more resilience during day!  After two weeks my mood dipped again and then came back up again. The ups and downs have continued but the fact that I do feel better a lot of the time tells me it is working! I am trying to remind myself that our moods vary even when we are not on medication so they are bound to vary when you are as well! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.