been on tramadol 2yrs..pain or withdrawal?

Posted , 7 users are following.

When I have missed a dose of tramadol I'm in severe pain..how do I tell the difference between pain or withdrawal?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would say you need to slow down gradually with decreasing.  I was on 400mg pd following surgery.  For two years.  It took ages to reduce as pain was there.  Now I'm not so sure it's the residual,pain but more a physical dependency.  So in reducing down to 100mg pd I get symptoms like light headedness, agitation, I think you could easily hallucinate.  They are v powerful even at 1/2 a 50mg.   See if you can get zamadol, dissolve a 50mg tablet and sip as required.  Do it v religiously with a timetable.  For you, start at 300 mg pd divided carefully over 24 hrs for two weeks.  Then 250mg pd ditto two weeks.  Then 200mg ditto, down to 100 and stay on that for a month. Then 87.5 mg ditto.  Then 75mg then 50 ...but that will take time.  You must do it slowly as coming off trams is a serious matter and can do your head in.  You may magnesium, silica and comfrey rubbed into areas on your body helpful, Epsom salt baths, zinc supplements help the aches after an accident.  Also ask for a scan which will show internal damage, scarring etch
  • Posted

Opiate withdrawal can be very much like flu or a fever, it can be quite hard to distinguish if you're experiencing it for the first time. Once you know what to look out for its easy recognized.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.