Been on zopliclone about 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I’ve been prescribed Zimovane 7.5mgs for past few months. I’ve cut down to 3.75mg and they surprisingly work for me. I’m also prescribed 20mg citalipram for past 2 years and they completely work me. I’m sooo lucky. I’m in a high pressured job. I have been through loads in past 4 years hence the citalipram. When I don’t sleep my mental health is horrible and when I sleep I feel great. I was uncomfortable and having negative thoughts in myself after the month of taking zimovane because I was paranoid taking them and the negativeness was around the worry taking them. Now I’m relaxed around taking them. Im just wondering if 3.75mg on a long term could effect me. I feel ok. It’s also a nice feeling knowing I don’t have to worry about sleeping. Has anyone got any words around this??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking 7.5 up to 15mg a night for 10 years

• Posted

Hi  dhmc, have they effected you in a negative way?
  • Posted

Hi John. I've been on Citilopram 30 mg for 20 years. If it helps you get through the day there's nothing wrong with that. I have also been on 15mg Zopiclone for more than 10 years. Even after this amount of time I remain intolerant of the dose. If 3.75mg helps you, I can see no harm in this. Sleep appears to be a serious luxury. If 3.75mg helps you, personally, I wouldn't worry about this.

Lollipop

• Posted

Hi lollipop2 thank you for your reply.  Your opinion is valid to me. I can’t get much information around 3.75mg. It’s definately a low dose and I’m hoping it’s a safe dose. I do have the odd 7.5mg but sometimes that keeps me awake. As long as I turn off the light when I take it I drift off. I think I was uncomfortable in myself and worrying myself taking the 7.5mg aswell. I noticed my head would feel cloudy. I’ve bn taking the cirtalipram for about 3 years. Went up to 40mg at the beginning then settled on 30mg. Been on the 20mg now for 6 months. They are brilliant. In the past year and half they have helped me to change the way I think and start to feel bit more me again like before I was depressed. In fact I feel changed due to the experience. 
    • Posted

Wow10 years and still intolerant. That’s really good. You hear so much about Zopliclone and the negative talk about them. Do they interrupt with your citalipram effect? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.