Been poorly for week and a half uti test came back negative

Posted , 3 users are following.

From about 17 ive had constant utis that turn into kidney infection or vice versa. I got ill 2 weeks ago with food poisoning or sickness bug and now im suffering from nausea pains in my side and stomach i feel the need to pee but i cant and when i do it stings most of the time the pain isnt always there it comes and goes.

I went to my out of hours doctor and got a test and it came back negative she said it was a viral infection and there wasnt anything that i could i do just wait but i know this pain it isnt as bad as what it normally is but i know that its something and it isnt a viral infection.

Has anyone else gone through this and what did you do cause im stuck and im so lost at what i should be doing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't think nausea and pains in the side/stomach are typical UTI symptoms.  They could be kidney infection symptoms, but I would expect the urine test to be positive with symptoms that severe.  I think you need to see your regular doctor if you have one.  If you don't, then you need to get one.  The out of hours places I don't have much trust in.   Have you taken your temperature?  Keep tabs of it.  If you don't have a doctor and need to got to an our of hours one, maybe try a different one.

• Posted

Thank you i do have a regular doctor but im the process of moving doctors, i do think i am going to go back to doctor cause it isnt improving.
  • Posted

I get all sorts of aches and pains with viral infections. See how you are once the viral infection has left you.
    • Posted

Hi how long did it take for it to pass with you. Ive never had a viral infection before so i dont really know what to expect, they never told what to expect or how long it would take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.