Been prescribed Xenical- start of a journey

Posted , 5 users are following.

Gulp! Got to lose weight as I'm 30 Stone! Apprehensive about what I am going to do, changing lifestyle, eating healthy and also having Xenical. I know it's a long journey but here I go! Any tips greatly appreciated. Ps I'm a man !

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

Yes I've just started too. It feels daunting. I'm plannng on keeping going with exercising and eating as healthily as I can. I had them years ago and they were working, but I got so stressed about potential side effects while at work I stopped them. To start with I'm only taking them when I'm at home after eating...still bit scared of the potential side effects . Hoping that if I dont go over the 10g fat per meal it'll be ok. I know if I'm out for a meal I won't even attempt taking a tablet.

Good luck smile

• Posted

hello there Fairby When I had to lose weight like yourself I was trying to do everything at the same time and it just didn't work for me what i ended up doing was just to do 1 thing and where I started was the swimming pool I  dont know if you can swim but if you cant join swimming lessons even doing that makes you feel positive and your self esteem will go up once you can swim start there make it your reason to lose weight go to the pool approx 3 times a week and do 40 bredth and take your time when you do that cut out all the crap and replace it with fruit and veg and if you drink stop if you want to get your health back you will do it and not look for excuses i eventuallt got back to my weight and diabetes is gone bloods are always fine feeling a lot better about myself it took approx 2 and a half years but just stick at it first pool and after a time cut out rubbish and replace it you will do it if you want to good luck xx

• Posted

hi there fairby,

i was just woundering how your getting on on your tablets? i first weighed somewhere around 23 stone ish

?i started these 6 weeks ago and had a weigh in today and got told iv lost 20lbs (1 stone 6 lbs) which i feel grate about smile still trying to get my head around the whole what to eat and what not to eat but i must be doing something right to have the result i have smile let me know how your gettin on, would love some fedback off others

• Posted

thankyou smile

?how are you getting on? are you still taking the tablets?

?i still have a long way to go yet till i get to my goal weight but i am determined :D

• Posted

Yep lost 8lbs but it's hard when weekends come around! Well done on yours

• Posted

Yes, I've finally started taking them rather than just looking at them! No disasters so far I'm pleased to say, though I'm very cautious 

Weekends are harder though. But I'll keep going.I'm also trying to make sure I go to the gym/swim regularly as well as walking my dog. I'm pleased with my 2.4 kg weight loss last week . If I managed that each week Id be delighted!

• Posted

I was 30st the beginning of the year but through small changes

Ive lost 3 and half stone.

When we are as big as us we usually have all or nothing mentalities.

Start with small changes a 5 minute walk 7 x a week then build up.

I've started on xenical to stop me binging.

Get a smaller plate use my fitness pal. Make small changes and every time

you fall off plan forgive yourself and start again.

• Posted

That's such good advice! It's alll too easy to just give up when you mess up!

Thank you

• Posted

Stick to no more that 15g a meal, you cannot store up fat for a binge later on, it just doesnt work like that.

Dont worry if you have visits from the orange monster..we all will have seen him from time to time.

Fill your fridge up with healthy foods.. yuck, yes i know but after week or two you will get used to the fact their is no goodies in the fridge, my fridge looks really healthy now.

Hartleys jelly pots 10 calories with youghurts and straws is lovely.

If you mess up, thats ok, we all do it, get back on track the next day..

I am week 6 and have lost 21 lbs now, how are you doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.