Been seeing black spider Webb images after cateract surgery

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi has anyone seen black spider Webb effect after cateract surgery? I seen them

as the doctor did my left eye 8-23-17. Doctor says it’s normal etc. been using ketorolac drops . Had my right done 8-2-17. Now as of about last 2 weeks I see them over and at right side of my right eye 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My vision is beautiful when I'm indoors or for distance during the daytime at night I can't drive every light has the spider web effect over it it's so annoying and glare my doctor said to give it time but he believes it's the bifocal lens but if he takes it out he will put only a regular lens in so that means I'm back to reading glasses which I'm upset over because with this lens my vision is beautiful

• Posted

margaret23928 wondering if you surgeon went over the compromise or trade-offs with you with premium lenses.   I too chose them - Symfony in both eyes and have excellent vision / no glasses required but see 20 or do concentric circles around certain  light sources at night.   I had lots of glare and starbursts too in the early weeks but those subsided.  However the concentric circles are due to lens design and won’t diminish over time.  I have adapted and can drive at night but that isn’t the same as them going away.

If you have great vision all other times and no need for glasses my recommendation would be to leave well enough alone versus a lens exchange. 

Just my suggestion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.