Been sick

Posted , 3 users are following.

This morning I was doing fine then this afternoon I started feeling sick flu like symptoms like my cold has not gone away 

Was feeling this way all day yesterday too was sick with a bad cold on Thursday it just seems to linger on and on with colds and just feeling flu lie symptoms has any one ever felt this way while in post menopausal 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hiya

Felt like this on Wednesday. I had come on - yet again, regular as bloody clockwork me! - and felt great in myself, but absolutely knackered with a rotten gut ache. Very unlike me, but when we got in I laid on the sofa and had a kip!  I absolutely hate sleeping during the day, and very rarely feel tired during the day, even if I haven't slept well.  Sure sign things are a-changingsad!

Remember around Xmas time when i found this forum that I felt like I was getting 'flu the day before I came on. Had felt like that for a couple of years, every month. Once I bled, I felt fine.  To be honest I've been very well generally for yonks: can't remember the last time I was actually 'ill'. 

I've started taking Menopace and feel really good for it: mentally and physically - my joint paid is 1m times better.  Hopefully that'll help ward off colds etc. 

Think I was thrown with this Period as right up to actually starting I felt really, really good.  That'll teach me for fogetting that this crappy Curse has lots of tricks up its sleeve to put the spanner in the works at the drop of a hat!

No doubt you're rattling around like the rest of us with tons of vits and mins, but I know a few people who swear by Echinacea to ward off a cold. Any use?

I'm in Peri so can only imagine things will get worse long before they get better.  Its not fair, is it?sad

Chin up Kid!

Sx

• Posted

yep im post and im the same ive had it for 2 weeks,been off work too now i have synus trouble with really bad headaces,i had enough now i feel so lethargic want to sleep all the time.frown
    • Posted

Hi Trudy

I have had really bad sinus problems too with my left nostril bleeeding at times then I get really tired to where I just want to sleep have had some headaches but not as much just feel like I have the flu my throat hurting all night Wednesday and Thursday stayed home a slept all day Thursaday. 

I felt flu like symptoms all day yesterday woke up fine this morning and then started feeling sick again tonight. 

• Posted

Hi I spoke to the nurse, and apparently theres a bad virus going around and it can last for weeks,i think mine s finally giving in after 2 weeks,i have been steaming and then snorting cooled boiling water and salt  up my nose i must say its the only thing that has worked,bloody nast though and the headaches are horrible.
    • Posted

Hi Trudy 

Hope you are feeling better I'm feeling a little better myself just resting stress can make us sick too we need to learn not to get so stressed out

• Posted

Hi ladies....Have any of you had tummy probs with this??Ive had runs for two weeks now but had sinus probs that long too...Just plain ol dont feel good and no energy...Cant say headaches have been bad just tummy...Hope you all get to feeling better....
    • Posted

Hi Laurie

Yes I have had stomach problems with this and a lot of sinus problems too with my left nostril bleeding at times 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.