Been sick for 3 weeks lost 15lbs and not hungry. What tests do I need?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been off and on sick for about 6 months now. Most recently I've had abdominal pain, yellow stool and lack of appetite. My dr has run a complete blood panel and abdominal ultrasound. Everything has come back fine. I feel great considering I only eat about 1/2 a meal a day. I have an appt with a GI in a month but wondering if I should be pushing for more tests or try and get into the GI sooner.

Anyone else had similar symptoms and can advise on their outcome?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was your liver function tested? How long have you been having yellow stools? 

There are hundreds of things that can cause yellow stools, including stress and changes in diet, though worst case scenario it could be liver disease. I think you need to keep pestering your GP to see what the next steps are. 

I have no appetite and used to eat about 1 meal every other day, so I know how you feel. However it is very important for your health that you eat regularly. It may be the eating messing things up. And the issue with eating so little is that the doctors can't know if the weightloss is a real symptom or whether it is just because you are barely eating?

• Posted

My liver tests came back fine, I also had stool test for parasites and those were fine too.

I'll be asking for an endoscopy and colonoscopy but wondering if other blood tests should be run.

The ultrasound showed no sign of gallbladders stones which she originally thought it was.

• Posted

Do a HIDA scan for your gallbladder . Similar symptoms to mine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.