Been sick since Dec 2nd, seeing a dr since then, and still have no answers to what is wrong.

Posted , 1 user is following.

So, I have been sick since Dec 2nd. It started out with a cough, fever, and just feeling icky like having a cold. I went to the dr on the 3rd to get checked out and obviously couldn't return to work due to COVID-19 and had to be tested. The results came back negative for strep, flu, and Covid. She gave me antibiotics and also steroids. She said it sounded like I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. The following week, I could not return back to work. I was still running a fever. I went back to the dr and she redid the testing for strep, flu, and Covid. Again it was negative. Fast forward to January and I am still not able to return to work due to exhaustion, very high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, and my O2 sats dipping into the high 80's. I would still run fever off and on as well. Now here we are in May. I had to resign from my job because my FMLA ran out, and I have still been sick. My blood pressure stays high. I did have a PFT which has given me a diagnosis of Restrictive Lung Disease and I also now have Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. I have gained around 25 lbs I believe since December since I am not as mobile as I used to be. My blood pressure has been as high as 213/183. I probably should have gone to the ER, but I didn't. Now it usually stays around 160/110ish. I am on blood pressure meds Metorpolol and Hydralazine. It hasn't helped. Now I have been having headaches more often, I'm a lot more tired, I have pain in my lower back, I don't urinate as frequently as I should. I have even stopped all sodas and started drinking nothing but water. This past Saturday I was so parched, I drank a gallon of water. I peed 3 times Sunday. I feel like I am retaining water too. My memory is not as good as it used to be, my speech is slurred, and sometimes when I am telling someone something, I forget mid sentence what I am trying to say. It's scaring me and also my family, and I'm tired of the tests and no answers. I should also note that I have had a PFT, an Angiogram, a renal sono, an Echo, and of course blood tests. I also had an antibody test for Covid but it too came back negative. My dr at first suspected I have Post Covid Syndrome with these symptoms, even though my tests have all been negative, but now she is not so sure. I feel like we are missing something here and I don't know what to do. She sent me to a Cardiologist and he said it is not my heart. She referred me to a Pulmonologist, but I still have heard nothing from them. I've called and called, and never get a call back. So does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, been through this type of thing themselves? I am just frustrated and am about ready to give up. My mental health has been severely affected by this as well, and I am on meds for depression and I am on a mood stabilizer as well. Thanks and hopefully someone here could point me in the right direction!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Were your blood pressure high prior to Dec 2nd? Do you sleep 8 hours a day? Which particular tests are your blood test done on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.