Been struggling with BV for months and just discovered an immediate cure!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So Ive been struggling with BV for nearly a year. My husband and I are trying for a baby. Its been nearly a year, no luck, but the semen kicks my BV into high gear. The smell is embarrassing and dampens my want for social activity.

Anyway, I was browsing a few sites looking for a cure, and I came across a post about using a douche of 50% Hydrogen Peroxide 50% distilled water. I was skeptical, so I researched it a bit, and many sites claimed it was completely safe. 

I also found a member that had luck taking a probiotic supplement, cracking the pill open, and dumping it in water for douching (while shaking often as it settles to the bottom)

I made up my mind to try both. i got my supplies and headed to the bathroom. I laid naked in the tub with my feet in the air and used a sanitized squeeze bottle to squeeze the hydrogen peroxide/water mixture in. I expected it to sting or fizz, but it just felt like water. I wanted to let it sit in there a moment, so I sat like that with the bottle still in place to 'marinate' a minute or two. I finished up and got dressed. The next day, I realized there was no smell. No yucky discharge. I was thrilled. I then set up to do the probiotic douche. I performed that the same way.

I have also started taking a daily probiotic, and am eating plenty of fruits and yogurts. Its been a couple weeks and Ive had no signs of it returning!

I hope this helps a few of you! smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for putting this one up , I must try if the vitamin c does not work. Also question I have the same issue as getting bv due to the semen throwing off my ph balance . Have you had sex after you have done this method and still no signs of bv or did you have to repeat this method after un protected sex ?
    • Posted

Haven't 'done the deed' yet. Husbands been away, I sure hope it stays away afterwards!
  • Posted

First let me tell you that BV is more prevelant than yeast infections.  The antibotics they for the time you are on them but once you are exposed to what I call "triggers" boom the bv is back and you get a wonderful yeast infection due to the antibotics. You name it I tried it.  Boric acid worked for me. Boric acid is one of the most effective methods of treatment its what was used before all of these meds the drs give you that kill both the good and bad bacteria.  And its a 2 for 1 it also works on yeast infections.  Boric acid is typically a permanent treatment for bv.  You can make the capsules yourself by putting boric acid powder inside of empty gel capsules and insert it. Here are somethings to remember. BV is caused by a ph imbalance.  The normal pH of the vagina is 4.5 or less Any thing higher can cause a problem: Menstruation: Blood has a pH of 7.4, Tampons: Since they retain the fluids that cause pH to increase, tampons can contribute to the problem, especially if you “forget” a tampon and leave it in too long. Intercourse: The pH of semen is 7.1 to 8. For some condoms help but for me the spermicide on the condoms is a trigger so those arent an option for me.  I look at bv like allergies....with allergies you limit your exposer to what sets you off and if your exposed to things that do you take benadryl and your fine. So with bv you take boric acid. Check out amazon for boric acid and the stories.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.