Been suffering with severe stomach pain and vomiting .

Posted , 4 users are following.

Drs.say it's Acute Gastroenteritis . I was in the ER for eight 1/2 hrs til they finally called me with severe abdominal pain and vomiting every 20 mins . They ran tests and determined it was this Acute Gastroenteritis. They did an IV and gave pain meds through the IV . The pain med lasted as long as 10 mins maybe 15 and the pain started back again . The nurse came back in and gave me another dose of pain med and sent me home . This started on Wednesday night and went to ER Thursday . My stomach is still very tender and swollen . I'm still not able to eat . Can only drink a few swollows of fluids every 1/2 maybe . Plz can anyone help . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

There is NO help here or at home if the diagnosis is Gastroenteritis. How was that determined? Did you have an endoscopy? a Cat scan?  a Colonoscopy? If you did not--they cant say what you have. I suggest going to your GI doctor as emergency and/or going back to the emergency room and try and get admitted. There is no home remedy.  if the diagnosis is not wrong. You would benefit from one or more anti biotics as well  but I cant make a call on which one without a confirmation of te diagnosis and how it wass reached. I really suggest going BACK to ER..If you dont stand up for your rights they just kick you out. Too many patients these days.
    • Posted

Yes , I had a endoscopy and a CT scan done along with blood work . They diagnosis was Gastroenteritis . I'm suffering very bad . The only thing he gave me to take home was Zofran for nausea and vomiting .
  • Posted

Hi Kajinsuffering

I suggesr you go to your doc and ask for H. Pylori test it is a small bacteria that can cause stomach pain and sickness and acid reflux. The test is done via stool test, breath test or endoscopy. If it is positive for HP you will be given antibiotics to treat it.....best wishes...

• Posted

Thanks Lillian I will do that . I need relief very soon . I'm so weak and my abdomen looks as if I'm 12 mnths pregnant . Lol . I've been so I'll I wanted to lay down and die . No one understands unless they've been through it . It's very painful . I appreciate all of your advice .
  • Posted

I dont think you have H pylori... not with te sy,mptoms you desxribe..and that test rwaly comes up positive.  But it is a simple blood test. If you cant eat..you should be in the hopsital. I had pneumonia in MARCH..and the only way I was able to be admitted was to Pass out in May and ambulance had to take me. Wtill they were going to send me home but the paramedics told them "He is critical" otherwise I would be home abd probably die from infection. Best of luck. Gastroenteritis without an anti biotc is extremely hard to beat. You should ASK for anti biotic such as Vancomycin. Ridaximin, (BOTH are exztremely expensive) and there are others. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for this advice . It's extremely helpful . I will do this . I dnt think I had that test done . I've never heard of it . I will though go to my GI dr and ask for this . Thanks
    • Posted

Blood test for HP not accurate, for short term reliefe take strongest dose of mylanta, pepto bysmouth if no bleeding and mylanta not working. But get back to doc and demand smthing otber than proton pump inhibitord, keep somethi g bland on ur stomach, and plenty of warm water
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the advice . It is greatly appreciated . I will try it . It can't hurt . My diet is very bland . It consists of jello , gatorade , Ritz crackers and water . That's what I've been eating since Thursday of this past week .
    • Posted

You're welcome I'm just saying in the short for a quick fix is what I do also if you are real gassy take the highest dose of simethicone gas-x. You probably should get on a good probiotic for now on. Also if you're going to or feel like you have to do a proton pump inhibitor or an h2 blocker only do it for 2 weeks that's what they originally were designed for then get back in balance with a good diet they have their own side effects long term

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.