Been taking Indapamide for 3 weeks, not feeling great

Posted , 5 users are following.

My doctor switched me from Amlodipine to Indapamide 3 weeks ago because of side effects of the Amlodipine. Now I'm not sure if I'm having after effects from stopping the Am or I'm having a new set of side effects caused by the Indapamide.

I'm feeling very nauseous. I did get this a bit with Amlodipine but it seems to be getting much more frequent now. My stomach feels like it's bubbling all the time and I've had some acid reflux. I've also been getting some pain in my joints.

It seems that you just exchange one set of problems for another when you switch these meds. I have a GP appointment on the 28th to check my BP and see how I'm getting on with the new tablets.

I would be very grateful to hear about people's experience while taking Indapamide.

Christi

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christi

I have had the same side effects from different HBP medication, nausea, sore joints etc... I've tried 5 now and they all have side effects. I asked my doctor to put me on the lowest dosage (Candasartin 5mg + Hydrochlorathiazide 25mg) for awhile and I've started drinking Hibiscus tea everyday so far the results have been good, my blood pressure is under control and most of the side effects are gone, I still have a small amount of joint pain

Talk with your Doctor and let them know of any side effects you are having.

Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Darlene, Got bad indigestion and reflux, it's driving me mad. Nausea still the same. I don't drink enough water so am really trying to drink more to see if it helps at all. 12 days until I see the GP.

• Posted

I have taken Indapamide for the last 25 years and it is the only BP medication which I don`t have any side effects. 
  • Posted

4 weeks on this drug now and another week until I see the gp. Still got some nausea but seems to have eased off a bit. However I'm having headaches, my hair seems to be getting thinner and my appetite has grown to the point where I'm hungry most of the time. 

• Posted

I am also going through the exact same issues! Doc stopped the Amlodipine on monday and started me on indapamide...the first med made me dizzy and nauseated and now, I am still nauseated and dizzy...so scared to stop this med. When I stopped the first med, I had a hypertensive episode...my BP shot up to 150/100....the indapamide seems to have brought it down, but I do not know . I feel like a science experiment. I see the doc next week and I will ask him about all of this....but he is bound and determined to keep me on meds...I am scared!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.