Been taking Orlistat for a week

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I'm new on her. I have been taking these tablets for a week. Just looking for some advice please

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi ive been on them 9 weeks now, how are you grtting on? x
    • Posted

I've been making sure I only have 5gms of fat per meal, I have lost about 3 pounds, is that good? I did eat a bag of sweets yesterday that was 0.5g of fat.
    • Posted

Hi Zoe.  You can have up to 15g fat per meal but individual components must not contain more than 5g fat/per 100g.  Make sure you are watching the calories too.  the myfitnesspal app is a big help for me to keep track of what I'm eating and I try to stick to 1200 calories a day.

• Posted

Thanks,I thought it was 5gs of fat per meal. Shouldn't I have lost more than 3pounds then?
    • Posted

everyone is different, the fact that you are losing is a good thing, inlost 7lb first week and have settled to around 3lb a week since. slow and steady is always the best way x
    • Posted

I think I had it in my head that with taking tablets I would loose the weight fast.
    • Posted

Everyone loses at a different rate.  Your BMR (the rate at which your body burns fat) and amount of weight you have to lose will play a big part in this along with many other factors.  There will probably be weeks when you won't lose any weight but you may lose inches.  Whatever happens keep going.  At one point I only lost 1Kg in four weeks.  I was gutted and in tears but in the next 4 I lost a lot more.  The longer you keep going the less your overall average per week will be.  All the experts agree that a loss of 1-2 lbs a week is the ideal rate.  If you lose more than that (over a prolonged period of time) the chances of keeping it off lessen.

• Posted

Hya Zoe, I have been on them 3 weeks with no weight loss, im still going to hang in there though as every body is different.  It is disheartening that I have not lost weight yet, after doing everything im supposed to.  So all I can say is keep to a low calorie diet and keep the fat you eat to 15grams per meal.  Look on internet for recepies and ideas. and like you I have joined this site to see what other people are acheiving/not acheiving and for insperation.

Good luck! smile xx

• Posted

Thanks. It can get disheartening. Good luck to you. Your doctors scale's might be different to yours when you go for weigh in.😊
  • Posted

I've only heard good things...unless you go mad on fatty food...then it's bad...urgent need for the loo...leakage of oily stuff if you go over board....if you eat low fat the tablets will take out the small amount of fat in your diet hence you loose....stick to a healthy 1200/1400 all depending on your height and weight now,my fit pal is brilliant at sorting this for you if you sign up..and it's free...good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.