Been taking propranolol for 3 weeks. I want to stop taking it. Will I have withdrawals?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed propranolol due to hypertension with anxiety, but after reading about beta blockers i would rather not continue this medication. I've been on it for 3 weeks. Will I experience withdrawals? Do i need to taper off the medicine after only taking it this long? 20 mg three times a day.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi how are you getting on i am wanting to stop have been taking one 40mg a fay for over a year and at times two/three 40mg a day. i have reduced to half a tablet so 20mg a day over last five days and have had headache and felt dizzy last two days as want to reduce slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.