Been throwing up for 4 months need help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been having it kind of ruff lately as i can't keep down any foods, only fluids it seems.  I started out about 2 months ago only mildy throwing up along with some numbness in my arms and some weird head pains.  

fast forward 2 months to today and my body is getting squishy and i'm losing muscle kinda fast.  Idk whats causing this but the hospital doesnt know either.  i see my gp in a week but i could be worst by then from not holding down food.  I need some tips or info if someone has or had something similar.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Get your gallbladder checked for gallstones. It relieved me of the problem until five years later I went have an upper GI done due the same problem of nasea and vomiting. Results were Gastritis...bad gastritis. Tried dexilant...no good...tried zantac...no good...tried prlosec...no good....tried nexium...no good. I was at a lost, then finely went on strict diet of no greasy foods of anykind and no diary products. Also I got me several bottles of anti gas liquid and bananas when I felt nasea coming. Seems extreme but it cut down the symptoms. I defiantly get an upper GI done. Don't know your age but after 50 should have it done every 5 years. Think about a colonoscopy too just to be safe. I hope you get better sir.

• Posted

Im 28 but i will do as you say anyway.  its just im so scared and my body feels different now.  Like my body is all squishy no when it used to be kinds hard.  All this kinda started with some type of weird feeling in my lower abdomen area.  I thought i might have had hiv wasting but the quick test was negative so im stumped.  
  • Posted

4 months is a big time bro. No doubt, you are losing your muscles. Sounds like cyclic vomiting syndrome, though not sure. These vomiting attacks are not explained by an infection or other illness. At least try to stay hydrated, drink enough water and fruits/juices/electrolyte water. Meanwhile you see your GP, try OTC anti-emetic medicine with help of your pharmacist. Hope you start feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Yeah i will try some otc stuff, gotta be cheaper than prescription drugs.

but its interesting you say that vomting attack isnt explained by infection.  Now that means this may be harder to figure out.  It even feeels like my head is shrinking to, can that happen?

• Posted

l dont throw up, but have had chronic nausea for several months, have little appetite, mainly drink a lot due to thirst, small snack occassionally, but whether not eating or throwing up the body isnt getting much in the way of protein vits and mins, so thats going to affect well being, energy and muscles. l did have a bit of gastritus inflammation seen with scope, but still trying to reduce symptoms, nausea in main, also tired, off it. lve stopped lactose, trying probiotics, but the omprazole havent helped much, the gp did mention anti emetics, which they seem to reluctantly try and for short courses. Think you need a scope as soon as you can.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.