Been to Docs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi again, Went to Docs today re my Vaginal Atrophy. Told her I had given up with the Vagifem on Sunday as it wasn't helping much and that I was using Vit E Oil instead. But she said I needed to carry on with the Vagifem and use the Vit E Oil as well. I also mentioned the wanting to wee all the time too and she admitted it can be part of VA symptoms. So I mentioned the Cystocalm and asked her if it would help my bladder. She said it wouldn't do any harm and may help get rid of the acid in my urine. I said that when I was having a bad day bladder wise, I usually ended up drinking less and said I thought it may result in my urine being more acid. So she said to keep drinking plenty to flush out my bladder and use the cystocalm too. I got some sachets in Asda but it says you can only use 3 sachets a day for two days! Does anyone know, are the tablets only to be used for two days as well or can you use them indefinitely. They didn't have tablets in Asda.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you find the bicarb helps ladies, I have also started on the Vit E so we will see how it goes.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley 84100 I had that problem, it went away after doing pelvic floor exercises, 100 a day in the morning, didn't take long to feel the benefits. 
    • Posted

Oh now that's interesting Susan. I had not thought of doing pelvic floor exercises as my doc said my wanting to wee all the time was either because of the vaginal atrophy and how it affects the bladder or it was because of diverticuli in my kidneys! But anything is worth a try isn't it. Thanks for giving me that idea. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.