Been to see consultant, results are in.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have just been with my partner to see urologist and get the results of 3T MRI which he had done last week. Scan clear, no areas of concern showing which is a massive relief. It does show that his prostate is approximately 70cc so it's not surprising he can feel it. The urologist is content that this accounts for the PSA level of 7.6. He did however advise us that there still could be a tiny Pca in there that the scan would not have picked up, and whilst it would probably never cause any harm or concern he did give the option of a biopsy with 14 cores to be certain. My partner is a worrier and wants this biopsy done. Hopefully he won't regret it. There was no pressure to agree to biopsy and we did feel quite well informed. I think it's for the best as free PSA % is 16. This didn't concern the consultant but as it falls into the "intermediate" category according to some websites we feel happier proceeding to biopsy. So we are looking at early march probably for the procedure to be carried out. Thanks to all of you who have read and replied to my many posts, you have all been a great help and I will continue visiting daily x

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi caz11527, sounds like you have a lot of respect for medical opinion, which is a good thing.  A prostate biopsy is intrusive.  How about a second medical opinion before proceding?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.