Been to the doctors today and just sent me away!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the doctors this morning to get some advice as to what may be causing these infections. I explained to her that I have cut out certain food and drinks that cause it, shower properly, wipe front to back, drink plenty of fluids and the UTIs are still happening. I also explained that I've been feeling sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen and lower back region. She told me that it could be IBS so I should go away and keep a diary of everything I eat, drink, do etc and come back in four weeks. I asked about doing various tests on my kidneys and around the region and she said we should wait. How much longer must I wait! I've been getting them for two years now and I've had enough.

Please someone give me some advice

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

you need a referral my gp referred my for a kidney and bladder scan
    • Posted

I remember at the time the two Sonographer,s got off there chairs to have a closer look, but when i went too see the consultant they seem to be normal, but since then i am being investiaged for cushings which could mean a tumour on the kidney, am not sure what to do now, i dont want to ask them to have a closer look as they wouldnt own up to not seeing anything i might go back to gp with my symptoms and hopefully get another scan.
  • Posted

Hello! I've been getting them for 6 months now and my doctor just pushes me away too! I would make a plan to see a urologist because they help a lot and look at the actual problem. Also have you heard of azo? I take that when I get symptoms and it goes right away.

• Posted

Do I need a referral from my gp to see a urologist? I've been taking rephresh tablets for yeast and bacteria and they seem to help a bit but still get them. Should I get azo as well?

How do you cope when you get them? Have you had to cut out stuff to prevent them?

• Posted

I keep azo with me, I cut out sugary drinks. Cranberry juice really helps. Peeing after sexual intercourse. Eating blueberries. It's really hard.

• Posted

Hi Jade,

You say the doc sent you away - but actually she's asked you to keep a diary and go back and see her in 4 weeks.  If you've been having these problems for 2 years now surely you've seen a doctor before this one?  If you haven't - then another 4 weeks isn't a long time to wait, or are the pains especially bad all of a sudden?

I think the doctor is trying to ensure she gives you the appropriate treatment.  Maybe from what you've said she thinks it is IBS - she only has your word to go on at the moment.  I'm not always a great fan of doctors but it seems in this case you're either expecting her to know instantly what your problem is after 2 years of sitting at home googling it yourself, or there's something you haven't mentioned in your post - not fair if you're asking for advice.

Help people on this forum to help you!

• Posted

Did you go to urologist or call back and ask to refer you to a urologist had this problem for years till I went to the urologist and realized they had to dilate my Aretha and then I had test done on the bladder kind of like an ultrasound and x-rays were they could see what was going on with the bladder and it showed little tiny cyst so it wasn't actually any kind of bladder infection it was inflamed and also the fact that dilate help the bladder empty more I know it's really miserable I would insist on getting a referral to a urologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.