Been weighed in ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

and had lost 2 kilos according to nurse's scales! from 104 to 102 kilos. :oops:

Not bad considering first weigh in was a morning one and this was late afternoon after work so had eaten breakie and lunch. (so maybe it was really I'm pleased with this weight loss, will check on here when i first posted but think i've been on the tablets just short of 4 weeks now. Haven't found it as hard as other diets, just counting fat and keeping under 30g a day, apart from 1 or 2 nights a week when i allow myself to 'cheat' and just dont take a pill with that meal (usually if i've been eating out)

not been counting calories, omg thats way too much as well as counting fat. Been filling up on carbs and looking forward to and really enjoying (rather than just scoffing) my 'cheating' meals out. Also not drinking as much wine :oops: cos i know it's just empty calories but again, at weekend or on cheat night, the wine comes out and i don't feel guilty tbh.

So all in all i'm pleased - 2 kilos isnt lots, i need to lose quite a lot (we didnt set a figure on it but i can't wait to see the scales read in double rather than triple figures :oops: ) And if i can lose another 2 before my hol in 3 weeks, i'll be chuffed! So i better get the wii fit out... be interesting to see what it weighs me at, not been on for weeks.

hope everybody else is doing well smile x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

don't what to seem harsh but being on the tablets for such a short period of time and having \"from 1 or 2 nights a week when i allow myself to 'cheat' \" doesn't seem like a basis for a life style change which is required for a healthy weight and to be able to maintain it once you have obtained your target.

From my own experience of being on the tablets for 7 months back in July then having a second honeymoon and eating like other holiday goer's and no tablets I gained 7lbs in 11 days.

On speaking to the nurse this week when I called it \"normal eating\" for that period she pulled me up and said no what they are doing is over eating, what you are doing with the low fat diet should be normal eating.

If you are as you state \"cheating\" and having quite a bit of fat on those nights you will only be undoing all the weight loss you may have lost during the rest of the week, which to me seems to defeat the object of being on the tablets in the first place. Surely the buzz you get from finding out you have lost weight outweighs the 5mins of buzz from higher fat foods which you know are only going to add weight.

• Posted

thanks for your opinion suza but to be honest i am much happier with how i eat now, i don't consider it overeating, and the nurse is happy with my 1 or 2lb a week weight loss especially considering i have pcos and work unsociable hours, she states this is a very healthy rate of weight loss and far more sustainable long term.

i also feel being able to 'cheat' ( i dont even consider it cheating) on one or two meals max in a week of 21 meals makes it far more do-able for me, personally, tha being strict the whole week and feeling deprived.

i appreciate you may have been more successful than I have and I am pleased for you - however I am also pleased with myself.

I have made a huge change to my lifestyle and the way i eat and i am not finding it as difficult as i have before to stick to. Actually i'm very proud of myself.

• Posted

I think you have both done brilliantly whatever way you have done it.
  • Posted

sorry didn't realise that you where maintaining a steady weight loss, not good on kg's. and as long as you feel it is working for you and the nurse is happy and that you are able to continue on the tablets which seem to be working for you that at the end of the day is all that matters. x
  • Posted

thankyou both

and sorry... your comments just knocked my confidence a bit sad i've never ever had any significant loss whatever i've tried and i know some people can lose 5lb in their first week but i'm not one of them, partly due to medical reasons.

So i was so chuffed to have some loss and not to have felt deprived and been obsessing over food for the 3 weeks i've been trying. Really feel as if im changing my eating habits and if this is for life, i think it's realistic to expect to want a treat now and then. And as treacle toffee is being dangled under my nose everywhere today - i've been unable to resist :o :twisted:

• Posted

[color=blue:cc23db6c7c]Well done on your weight loss! I just hope i've done as well as you have when i go to my dr's for my first weigh in! :D[/color:cc23db6c7c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.