Beennon increased dose of citalopram from 30mg to 40mg help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all been on increased dose of citalopram from 30 to 40mg for about 4 1/2 weeks now im still having to take lorazapan 1mg daily. and my mood seems to have got worse i have a tight band around my head feel sick all the time. just want to shut myself away. on my second week on the 40mg i did feel better but that didnt last . im crying most days. dreams all the time. doctor is ringing me in 3 weeks time so i would of been on the 40mg for 7 weeks by then if no change shes moving me to s-citalopram. i have been on citalopram for 11 years so maybe time to change which im not looking farward to one bit 😔 been suffeing 6 months now just want to feel myself and be happy again.which dosnt seem possible at the moment. has anyone switched after such a long time on an ad and felt better again please.??? really need some answers please 😪🙏

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am very simular to you, I have been on cit for about 7 years, last time, i had to up the dosage to 40 mg and eventualy recovered so after a few months went back to 30mg... but after being well for 4 years ive had a setback and the anxiety came back so i upped to 40 mg again and the side effects were horrible, so after 5 months i reduced a bit to 35 mg and made my way up to 40. ive been on 40 again for 16 weeks ,i still wake at 6 o clock and struggle with morning anxiety, my appetite has come back but that is up and down also, normally by the eve i feel ok.

hope this helps.

• Posted

hello thank you for your reply. its awful isnt it. what has your doctor said about you beeing on the 40mg for a while and your still feeling crap are they thinking of changing you to somethimg else?

• Posted

he has said its up to me, but the thought of going through this again is terrifying , i am hoping that they worked before so hopefully they will again,

• Posted

yeah i have on this forum heard that it can take a little longer second time round and to just keep going with them. how u feeling today?

• Posted

not the best to be honest lol...the last few days havent been the best..hopefully another blip, did you change your meds after ?

• Posted

aww bless ypu such a horrible feeling isnt it 😪 what do you mean about my meds?? are u in the uk?

• Posted

Hi, Yes its certainly a roller coaster ride..did your gp mention changing you to e citalopram ?

yes im in the uk ..

• Posted

hello yes she did how do you no? lol were about in uk are you? have you got family ect?

• Posted

sorry for the late reply, im in Wales, yes i have a wonderful family..did you change meds or is the citalopram settling down ?

• Posted

hello doctor os rimgimg me tomorrow about chamging me to c citalopram a diret switch i think so hopefully it wont be to bad for side effects as they are from the same class of drug im hopeing i dong go though hell again for 4 weeks 😪 privite messaged you aswell

• Posted

hi lol..

not been the best week..morning anxiety and appetite is off..any joy with your doctors appointment .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.